- 24heuresdumansDid you know 🤔
First podium finish for Chrysler at the 24 Hours of Le Mans (1928)
On January 7, 1929, Walter Chrysler, founder of the American manufacturer, made the cover of "Time" magazine as its Person of the Year for 1928: after acquiring Dodge, Chrysler became the third largest automobile manufacturer in the world.
On June 17, 1928, Chrysler claimed the third step on the overall podium at the 24 Hours of Le Mans with a Chrysler 72.
Photo: D.R. ACO
- farhanalbastakiVery interesting @chryslerautos
- john_mariner_blueGreat post
- aristow_sportswearVintage !
- greg1452Did you also know that my dad is restoring two of these cars
- 24heuresdumans@greg1452 really? Do you have a picture ?
- greg1452I can get one.
- niceand_blueThat's cool. But did they have three steps to the podium in those days?
- whatchsdotcomWow like it!
- yannickgenoudNice and great.