babyrabiesI am the WORST teacher. I suck at helping with homework. Like, how do you explain how to subtract time other than "You just... Do. It's just 4:30. That's just the answer." 😂😂😂🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪 Scott tried to help out and we're both like WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR US?! Meanwhile, Kendall is like 🙄
- hoorayforkate128I wouldn't expect my kid's teacher to know how to intubate someone, so I don't know why as parents we are expected to teach them math.
- semidomesticatedmamaI pay the 16 year old to do homework help with the 12 year old. I pay the 12 year old to help the 9 year old. I pay the 9 year old to help the 6 year old. Basically I'm broke but I also don't have to suffer through common core math so I'm calling it a win 😂
- depaullaw2000Use manipulatives! (Counting tools) anything you have around the house - beans- Legos- coins. The more "real" you make it, the easier it is to communicate ❤ @babyrabies 🍀🍀🍀
- jennycab12Before my kids were even born..I made my husband swear he would be the homework helper, especially math homework. I told him I wouldn't even have kids otherwise 😂.
- the_allesLol, be happy you live somewhere relatively warm. Here in Indiana we have elearning when we get cancelled. That's 5 kids doing a whole day of school online in my kitchen. Makes me lose my shit!
- mattnem05The only time I ever had problems with homework was getting my brain to switch from Advanced College Algebra for the sophomore in High School to first grade math.... that was a complete mind screw till I paid a tutor $75 for an hour a week to help him. For time turn it into a word problem in regards to how much game time he'd have. Though I did find when you say when they get to 3rd grade if you just say the correct answer before they even set up the problem... they eventually just don't want help anymore and just want to be left alone to do it. Worked with my 2
- leyna_williamsI seriously think time/clocks are just really difficult to grasp this young, especially for boys maybe? We were moving along all hunky dory until we got to this unit and then I just about lost my mind. I was convinced someone must have dropped J on his head when he was a baby and hadn't told me. So pissed.
- jencole820Why do kids even need to have homework at this young age?!?!?!? I feel your pain. 😡
- sgr1122Maybe try having him think in tv show increments? 1 show = 30 minutes so if it's 6pm and you subtract 90 minutes - count back 3 shows. Just an idea - we measure time that way around here...usually bc the shows are on 😂
- cheeryhomemakerMy husband is an engineer. I feel like it's my free pass to never help with math homework. Win!
- whimsyvalentineThis is me 100%. Ruby asked if we could homeschool because she misses me during the day (aww) and I was like "hell to the no, kid. But I miss you too."
- sarahjeanbakerWe don't do homework in our house- read the Homework Myth by Alfie Kohn. It's a quick read with plenty of research to support no homework.
- jamie8483@sarahjeanbaker curious about this! I'm a teacher and sometimes we have to give it simply because we are behind in the curriculum. How do you handle grades for things not done? I try not to give it if at all possible but do your kids teachers not penalize them?
- amyelsesserTeaching time was so hard for us! Especially with the first kid, the others seem to catch on faster 🤔
- chelle_osu@cheeryhomemaker Yes!!! My hubby is also an engineer. I used to teach English and history. Our kids aren't old enough for homework yet, but between the two of us, we've got all the bases covered. 😂
- rockinredHomework blows chunks. My oldest is in 1st grade and has ADHD. I love dealing with his epic tantrums because he's frustrated with 2 pages of homework when it's BEEN PROVEN It doesn't help them learn.
- mrskmsleeMy husband makes it seems so easy. I am not good at explaining things at ALL. I'm thankful he's much better at it.
- taraetrheimOmg I'm dreading school bc of this!!
- kbeckwith10You tube video!!!!!
Log in to like or comment.