pinchofyumIntroducing our perfect baby, Afton Bjork Ostrom, who was born on December 31, 2016, and who left this world peacefully, laying skin-to-skin in the arms of his mommy and daddy, surrounded by pure love in the early morning hours of January 1, 2017. .
In the midst of our deep sorrow, we are so full of awe and wonder for having experienced just a tiny taste of his precious sweetness this side of heaven. The moment they placed him skin-to-skin on my chest, something inside of me locked into place. I think it was in that moment that I truly became his mom. It was the most profound moment of my life. In our short time, we got to fall in love with being his parents. We touched all his fingers and toes, we kissed his sweet, perfect face, and we whispered "I love you's" into his tiny little ears so he could hear and know our voices as we held him and let him go.
These life-changing moments we had with sweet Afton are also making the ache of losing him all the more raw and crushing. We got just a taste, but we so badly wanted a lifetime of this perfect love. It’s a depth of loss that I've never known – where something so tangibly a part of you is suddenly gone. You can feel that searing emptiness right there in your own body. Afton has left his forever mark on us, and it's our honor to wear that deep scar as the evidence that he was here and he was loved. We'll carry that ache with us for the rest of our lives until we meet him again someday.
You're forever perfect and forever loved, baby boy. We'll always, always, always be your mommy and daddy, and you'll always be our sweet Afton. #sweetaftonboy
Bjork and I are going to be taking some time off over the next few weeks. Our Pinch of Yum team will be maintaining this account with new content until later in January or early February when I'm back to work again. I will be posting more about Afton / our journey on my Instagram stories, and on my personal account, @lindsaymostrom. .
More pictures of Afton's life story on the blog. http://pinchofyum.com/sweet-afton .
Thank you for your genuine love for us and for our baby Afton. 💙 Your comments and emails are a balm to our broken souls.
- stripeandplaidI am so, so, so very sorry for your loss
- neytiri.luna_______xiI'm so sorry for your loss... Even though he may not be here with you physically...Spiritually he has been and always will be with you. My deepest condolences to you and your husband. 👼👪❤️
- jacquidebonoThis really brought tears to my eyes! There can be no pain worse than the loss of a child! God bless you both. Afton can never be replaced but I hope you will be able to give all the love you obviously have to a second child in the future!
- kelly_fitness3💔 sweet baby rest in peace #nicunurse
- mizzgong- My condolences for your precious loss. His Soul Is In Heavenly Paradise 💕
- azurestar42I'm sad for you . My middle son was born and passed away 13th February 2013 . You never forget but day by day it gets easier to move forward. I think about him every day . Xxxxx take care xx
- deviniwSo saddening and beautifully said. He'll be in your hearts forever! Sleep in peace beautiful boy x x
- claricasara@minadesanmartin @feli_acher me puse a llorar
- vanessa21782God bless you and your family.
- kjv1971Heartbreak like no other....know that you are surrounded by love ... and your sweet little boy will always be with you 💙
- emmakinch01Poor family god bless you
- themamamavenMy heart breaks for you.
- myigveryeasyI'm so sorry n cried bucket cos used to carrying 6 pregnancies and could have 7 children by now.Well Lord know whats the best.Till now I never give up but we have faith.Please be str ok ng n baby A will have our prayers. ..Bless you both
- acozinhaintoleranteI'm so very sorry for your loss. You will be in my prayers.
- tydwbleachJust beautiful. I'm sorry.
- tydwbleachA friend of mine had THREE babies die. One at birth, one after 6 weeks, and one miscarriage. However, she then had a healthy girl and then a healthy boy.
- lesliepruneaustudioPeace to you.
Log in to like or comment.