vintage_engineer_bootsToday is my 22-year Marine Corps anniversary and I can't help but reflect back on some highlights.
This one is from back in 2014 onboard the USS Peleliu.
These may very well be the only pair of Engineer Boots ever initiated into the Kingdom of Neptune (from a slimy Pollywog to trusted Shellback) after crossing the equator through a military ceremony known as Crossing the Line - the very last for the USS Peleliu before she was decommissioned.
- vintage_engineer_boots#CXL #EngineerBoots
- frankiepsteinShellback brother! 👍🏼🇺🇸
- castellettiI got sea stories, and they're all true...
- vintage_engineer_boots@frankiepstein Cheers to that brother 🇺🇸🍻
- john_lofgrenSuch a great photo! 🐢
- vintage_engineer_bootsThanks John! I wish there were more, but I'll take what I can get ✌️
- mosquito_boatThey don't make you wear skivvies inside out and backwards over your trou anymore? Man, was I sore after wog day!
- papanuisaysGreat shot! Are those wet weather pants or BDU's?
- vintage_engineer_bootsThanks. They're green military-issued coveralls
Log in to like or comment.