groknationIf you're worried about how much you sweat, you're not alone! Guest writer @TrilbypdBeresford has a medical condition that makes her sweat A LOT. Read about overcoming the stigma and feeling comfortable in your skin (Link in bio)
- rileycat97@markwhaleburg thought you may find this interesting
- rgbcnWow, interesting. Never heard about hyperhidrosis.
- emschick01@markg1369 was it cutting the nerve? Is there a link?
- emschick01@mammitres I've see it done with the axilla with good results, its costly though
- markg1369@emschick01 Yes, that's what is. In my post there should be a link to him. IIRC he's the only person in the US doing it. The news story showed folks from all over the country coming here to get it done.
- penandscissorsThank you for this!
- kadirim97I love you!!!
- emschick01@groknation I use topical treatments. honestly I just go with it and try to avoid shaking hands 🙈 but if I do have to shake hands I usually have a drink in my hand to "blame the condensation" other times I'll own it 😬
- flowerkellieThanks for sharing this story!!! I suffer too 😢 and it can be awful. I buy certain clothes to hide sweat (e.g. always patterned tops) and I'm so sensitive and concerned that I might get too smelly. My husband assured me that I never do but I always think I do. Even today - visiting NYC in freezing temps I was sweaty !!! Lucky for me (I guess) I only seem to have it under my arms and the groin area - hands and feet are pretty ok.
- flowerkellieIt has stopped my doing stuff - I must admit - knowing I'll get all sweaty and have damp rings under my arms. I think it contributes to my being anxious in social or professional situations and then I swear even more!!!!
- flowerkellieSweat (but it makes me swear too haha).
- polly7519I have this also, in middle school, I remember my paper ripping because it was wet where my palm was resting. Oddly enough, my best friend in middle school had the same thing!! We could not wear open shoes and our hands would drop sweat. Hard for a preteen to deal with. We are 50 yrs old now and went out separate ways. I spoke with her about 20 yrs ago and we had both had surgery to get our hands fixed, the real kicker here is that both of us only ended up getting our right hand done!! For different reasons, but still, what are the odds!! Anyway, just typing about it now is making my left hand sweat. I can totally relate to this article. I have met one other person in my life that also suffers from this, so it might actually be more than 3%, since I have met 2 in my little space of life, lol
- maliheh.brUp until a year ago I didn't know my condition had a name😂 this condition can be ugly and embarrassing, even dangerous ( imagine doing yoga or any other activity that needs stability to avoid falling down ) I have been embarrassed alot that I can't count the times but like many others with my condition I have come to learn how to deal with it or at least accept it. True, it's not a nice condition to live with, but I have seen people whom cannot sweat even after an intense workout session and that's not healthy at all, at least we have a healthy body and skin that can get rid of toxins so fast and also helps us stay cool in hot weather😊
- maliheh.brAbout the procedures and specially Botox, I have read there are many side effects, Botox may block sweat from your pas but it will direct it to other parts of your body, it could also damage your nerves. Of course I'm not a doctor but those side effects are really scary! I'd rather dry my hand with a tissue before shaking someone's hand. I have heard that some natural remedies like putting your hands in a bowl of tea or smashed tomatoes could help with the situation but honestly I haven't tried.
- blondie_with_strawberriesI have been curious about being afflicted with a mild case of this for a few years now. My hands and feet are always cold, yet damp. I slip and slide in flip flops, and then they get a line of dirt by the thong cuz hey, being uncomfortable isn't enough.. Enough must see that you are a slob with dirty feet. My armpits sweat, and I can walk 5 minutes to class in Massachusetts cold in a winter coat, and still have to worry about leaving sweat on the chair when I get up. What's worse for me though, I have a deodorant allergy! Itching and rashes that honestly become scars. They are permanently discolored now, and natural deodorants only do so much. So I am forced to rub myself with lemons or limes, or throw some baking soda on myself..
- astitchintimedesignsI can't say I have the condition but I do sweat like crazy when I'm nervous. And then I'm anxious because im sweaty. I wish women weren't taught it's gross for us to sweat. It's mainly women's brands that have antiperspirants. I got rid of them and use more natural deoderants. I sweat less but still get those nervous sweats.
- nuggetviewI feel dumb for asking but how do I "link in bio" to read whole story? I suffer from this my whole life. It has stopped me from doing 85% of things I would normally try but can't because I'm sweaty
- anamqureshi12@ghazi08 I read it here. They don't have the link anymore but. Yeah.
- skawomynWhile I've only met one other person my whole life that has hyperhydrosis like me, it's nice to know I'm not alone. My hands and feet just drip about 75% of the day.
Log in to like or comment.