boomama205We're out of school again today. I'm reading the Mississippi magazine wedding edition, drinking my third (!!!) cup of coffee, and staring at a picture of a turkey that's actually a groom's cake. So basically Monday has been a treasure. 😊 Hope yours has been a good one so far!
- sarahcooleyparsonsI mean... It's no bleedin' armadillo, but I guess it'll do.
- jessieclemenceHow do you cut that? Do you chop off his legs first, then carve into the breast? I need more information.
- loriguthrieWeeeelllll...it's no armadillo cake with gray frosting...but it's beautiful.
- ig_miles2me@boomama205 I made the pimiento cheese cornbread...life changing!! Thanks for the recipe!
- thehillhangoutPlease tell me it wasn't red velvet. And please tell me it didn't believe no to somebody I'm related to. 😂
- zxbaileyzxOh man! I don't know what is better, an armadillo or a turkey!? ❤
- michelle.nebel@boomama205 I had a reception in the fellowship hall with punch and mints (in 2001 mind you) and I hope to the Lord that my daughters will not want some crazy turkey grooms cake expensive wedding nonsense! 🙏
- milkandhoneyteesThat's impressive and also slightly disturbing. My husband's grooms cake was a razorback, and the red frosting was a little bit unfortunate 🐗
- stilljustjoanWhy is my first thought about the armadillo grooms cake in the movie Steel Magnolias. She make make any animal except snakes, she just doesn't have the counter space... LOL!
- mrsf5AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH LOVE SO MUCH. Hollering at my sister RIGHTNOW and begging her to send me a copy.
- bamawhitneyThat cake has me thinking about the "bleeding armadillo" cake from Steel Magnolias 😂
- jancblackI did that on Saturday. Never seen so many wedding pics that include horses.
- sterlingmargaretOh this is the best 😂😂😂
- denisechristian22@sarahcooleyparsons 😂😂😂
- boomama205@jancblack Yes! I couldn't get over it.
- unexpectedmelThis is amazing. As I was raised in the North, I didn't know anything about grooms' cakes until I saw Steel Magnolias and Ouiser chopping off the rear end of that red velvet...armadillo cake? I'm for it. Give me all the wildlife-themed cakes.
- ewangsmoMy husband is not a big cake person, so he had slices of apple strudel for his cake.
- samaracsmithI also wonder how one slices the turkey. Our groom's cake was a three- dimensional half of a shotgun shell! And, we only had the two cakes, mints, and nuts.
- manders1106This made me LOL!!!
- lularoerobingreenTwo of the weddings in this edition were grandchildren of comedian, Jerry Clower.
Log in to like or comment.