eternalitytanA minor mystery-esque work by Almodovar, spellbinding and sensually-crafted at times, but marred by a weak denouement ~ 3.5*/B [ Dir. Pedro Almodovar | 2016 | Spain | Drama/Romance | 99 mins | M18 ] JULIETA / © FilmNation Entertainment #julieta #spain #spanish #spanishcinema #worldcinema #pedroalmodovar #almodovar #cannesfilmfestival #albertoiglesias #emmasuarez #adrianaugarte #mystery #past #mother #daughter
- el.dragHi there! Am new to Almodovar & wondering if this is worth watching as a primer to Almodovar's older works?
- eternalitytan@lav_i_nia Most of Almodovar is certainly worth seeing. This is a good Almodovar-lite introduction to his body of work and filmmaking sensibilities 😊
- artyakovlevDidn't like it. It's too moralist and cheesy. It has some strong moments, though, like the opening scene.
- eternalitytan@artyakovlev Certainly not one of his strongest. The craft of suspense and mystery is still there. He's still pretty good in setting the mood. He owes a lot to his long-time composer Alberto Iglesias (one of my favorites). But there are parts that left lots to be desired.
- lensanneReally inspiring, *screenshot* 😍
Log in to like or comment.