autoimmunepaleoMeal prep Monday! Actually I did most of this on Sunday 😹 Michelle from @unboundwellness here again with a quick note on meal prep and batch cooking for the week. AIP requires eating lots of homemade meals, and for me, that meant a lot of stress in the beginning. Having to always have to make something fresh was intimidating and time consuming... until I started batch cooking! I spend a couple of hours every Sunday, and an hour of so during the week for a refresh with my oven cranked up, my instant pot ready to go, and just throwing in all of the veggies and pastured meats in there that I can! This weekend, I made a big beef stew, ground meat, chicken, and veggies roasted in the oven until they're crispy! Apparently I like my Brussels very crispy 😹 I made cauliflower, sweet potatoes, broccoli, Brussels, squash, and then I just have fresh greens on hand for salads! Mickey has an awesome AIP batch cook program, and I highly recommend picking up this practice to make real food that much easier! Do you batch cook? ❤️ Michelle [@unboundwellness]
- heyimstillhereThis looks like a great idea. I'm ready to just stop eating and I know that won't work 😂
- mrsg617Would this method deplete the vitamins by reheating?
- autoimmunepaleoNot necessarily if reheated properly. Cooking in general can deplete the vitamins in food, so reheating done properly in a pan or oven is a good practice ☺️ @mrsg617
- autoimmunepaleoHope it works out well for you! @heyimstillhere
- eatpaleo_loveSometimes, if it's convenient. But I need to do it more often!
- mischacooksaipI'm working on this.
- autoimmunepaleo@eatpaleo_love same! It's hard to do it 100% of the time every time, but it's helpful when it gets done ☺️
- autoimmunepaleo@mischacooksaip good luck! It's been a process for me, but I love it!
- olechka_dani@autoimmunepaleo what containers do you use to store all the food? Do you keep the food in big pots and portion as you go through the week or you portion right away? If right away, def would like to know which containers you are using.
- andreawysockiessentialsI need to learn to do this!
- cm_krause❤️my Brussel sprouts crispy! Completely different than the veggies I ate growing up🙊
- cindy.ostrom@autoimmunepaleo does it rehab them very quickly?
- email@example.com ☺️🤗
- autoimmunepaleo@andreawysockiessentials it's great to have on hand!!
- autoimmunepaleo@cm_krause yes! Gives them so much flavor ☺️
- firstname.lastname@example.org typically, yeah! The pan is always faster than the broiler method for me.
- autoimmunepaleo@olechka_dani I use glass Pyrex Tupperware. And it depends! It's both me and my husband so some things I portion out and some things we share in bigger Pyrex dishes 😄 -Michelle
- hannah.king104I try to batch cook, but I don't have a proper kitchen in my tiny flat (small halogen oven, microwave and (non-working) hob) so it's really difficult!
- healthfulpursuitYummy! ;)
Log in to like or comment.