laurenbrantMummies to be - although I don't know you. I feel ya! I am just passed half way in my pregnancy and although I have always loved kids, wanted kids and can't wait for my own... this whole pregnancy is a real journey. One that I have no idea about and am literally wading my way through. When there are weird feelings, random vomits and exhaustion, I just go with the flow. I've been really positive through everything this far, including the first 3 months of nausea. But today really tested me and I questioned a whole bunch of things, none of which I had the answers to as I've never been through this before...Have I put on too much weight? Am I exhausted from growing a baby or just being lazy? I'm not seeing pregnancy glows, but I'm seeing a lot of pregnancy woes!
I see some super mums who don't ever stop, right up until they have their baby and others who stay in bed for 9 months. Some have huge bumps, some have none. Some carry water retention, others are so slim! I have definitely learnt that every woman's pregnancy is different and their pregnancy of each child can be different. But I still question whats right and wrong about mine?
I'd love to hear from some other woman who have been or are pregnant? Having moved to a new state, I don't know many people, never mind pregnant woman who I can discuss boobs, butts and bellys with! Thank you ladies xxx
#pregnancy #pregnancyjourney #motherhood #motherhoodunite #mothers #mumtobe #mumsupportingmums #22weeks #pregnancypower #pregnancyproblems #pregnancylife #pregnancyfitness #babybump #expecting #bubhub
- laurenbrant@bethp22 great advice! Which I'll take. Baby is healthy and growing nicely so il just keep doing what I'm doing I think xxx
- laurenbrant@hay1ey thank you so much for the advice. I'll have a look on Facebook x
- laurenbrant@abstar17 oh my hats off to you. In the end a healthy baby is all we can wish for right? X
- laurenbrant@mariah_lilyy thank you so much for your note! I LOVED reading it. Can't wait for everything that is going to come with my baby - poops and all! All the best with your angels xxx
- laurenbrant@trishylouise thank you for the advice. I don't know why we let other people's opinions affect us so much! As long as we have a supportive group who love us and a healthy baby... We should be happy x
- abstar17@laurenbrant certainly is well worth the wait ☺️x
- misscherryyy91@laurenbrant having babies becomes addictive 😃😃 be warned!!! Haha!! Xxx
- wearyourbaby@laurenbrant When the bump appears it makes it feel so much more real, and like you finally have a reason for feeling so rotten! Just wait til you see it moving around, eek! Hope you are feeling a bit more supported and ok - it is tough making a baby! X
- wearyourbaby@laurenbrant ps once you've gotten your mind around things a bit more (with all of the 'stuff' there is to figure out when you're preparing for a baby) I would love to help you and Barry out on the Babywearing side of things - it will make your lives SO much easier once little bubba is here! PM me if you want to chat ☺
- thechroniclesofmumma@laurenbrant they have one every month in Burleigh x
- laurenbrant@kellabella32 😘😘
- njmahon@laurenbrant - thanks for your kind reply. It hasn't put me off having more. We all have these low and high feeling - scared and excited all rolled into one - my mantra was "women in Africa do this every day with no help at all". ❤ be positive, being negative helps no one.
- nic_shepherd@laurenbrant loving following you and how open and honest you are! Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy the good, bad and sickness it goes too quick! It's all worth it in the end and you cannot remember the sicky times, I am blessed now to have my beautiful Arlo who is now 9 weeks old, me too bring a first time mum had so many questions, concerns and constantly comparing myself to other preggie people. There is no right or wrong when it comes to weight, size of your bump etc etc, as long as you feel happy, healthy and positive that's all that matters and your Beautiful bundle growing will do the same! There is so much support afterwards you will have your health nurse and be assigned to a mothers group, but I know how hard it is before bubs comes let alone you being in a new town too! We went through IVF here in Melbourne and falling pregnant was a blessing, even though Arlo is earthside now I miss her kicking around and miss being pregnant at times so enjoy every minute it's all worth it for the end result good luck and looking forward to reading all about your journey 💕
- hol.fiddes@laurenbrant haha 'dimples in water retention' sounds so much better than 'cellulite'!! I know it will all be worth it in the end but there's so many things people don't tell you about pregnancy! I just hope the Melbourne weather doesn't get too hot too soon!
- katemwhite_@laurenbrant I've just hit 19wks and I feel the same yet instead of comparing myself to other women I'm comparing myself to my last pregnancy and don't know what's normal?! Yesterday I was at the beach all day running after a 2year old / today I'm on the couch watch movies and sleeping - so lazy I can hardly get myself up to eat... one day I have energy the next it's completely gone!!! I think your view is completely correct, just go with the flow and take every day as it comes as they all seem to be different x
- heidihoward81All I can say is big big hugs! It's a big change and you are doing an amazing job. Whenever you feel blue go for a walk or do what makes you happy - for me it's exercise too. You might be able to find a gym class locally where you can meet other women. Goodluck
- mylastbabyI'm really enjoying following your insta- I've just hit 20wks! Pregnancy definitely isn't easy... Sure is worth it though!! Xx
- jaclynmartynCongrats @laurenbrant you look fabulous and loved you and Barry on Celb so how awesome to see you two together.. I've just had my second Bub ( I also have a 3 year old) and what a journey they were...both completely different pregnancies and births.... you seem to be embracing your pregnancy and it's wonderful to see - my Daughter still watches you on HI 5 and says mummy that's the pretty one
- naomi.l.hOh the questioning yourself has only just started. Wait until bub arrives! You'll wonder if everything and anything you're doing is right. You'll be googling like a nutter and flicking through every baby book you can find. But you've got it all figured out already. Go with what you feel. Some days you're going to feel grotesque. I looked in the mirror just this morning and with my massive boobs sitting on my round 30 week belly thought I resembled a female gorilla. 😂 Then other days I marvel at the fact that I am growing an actual human being. Brain, hair, body and all! It's crazy. Motherhood will be much the same. One minute you'll be falling apart and the next you'll be giving yourself a high five and feeling like your nailing it. Every thought/feeling you have will be normal, even though sometimes you'll be convinced you're the only one who's experienced it. Best bit of advice I've ever received trust your mummy instinct, when it comes to your baby you will always know and do the best. All the wisdom from already having a beautiful 2.5 year old, I'm still shitting myself about how I'll go with this bub! Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy.
- sarah_beth_wrightYou are doing a great job. Trust that your body knows exactly how to grow (and birth) your perfect little baby. It doesn't always feel so zen though. Be kind to yourself and your partner. No one really knows what they are doing and even the ones that look like a preggo goddess or supermum/dad have daily struggles. Think of them like the beautiful silk ballet slipper that hides the bleeding toes beneath. Despite all of this, being a parent will be the best thing that has ever happened to you. Xx
Log in to like or comment.