rescuedogsrocknycShay was abandoned by owner's who moved away, left him with a neighbor & never came back for him. The neighbor surrendered him to the NYC shelter after about a month. Shay is 6 years old & 90lbs. With his previous owners, he was taken out very little, left alone for long periods, & did not have much human connection.
Out of boredom, anxiety or both, he chewed on the walls & has a lot of wear on his teeth as a result. When he arrived at the NYC shelter he was terrified. He trembled, growled, & didn't want anyone to approach him. He was labeled rescue only, & put on the kill list.
When we rescued him, he was neutered & brought to his foster a few days later. He has been with his foster for several months & has met children, adults, other dogs & cats & he has loved those encounters. He really loves to be with other dogs.
Shay requires slow introductions. One minute of a slow intro & he's all over you with kisses. He does not bark a lot. Grooming Shay is not difficult such as to bathe him & trim his nails without difficulty. Shay is very loving & has a gentle spirit. To adopt Shay apply at rescuedogsrocknyc.org
- banksamus_primeI'll stick my tongue out at you
- alifestyledailyI mean, how could you not want that face in your house everyday?? He is too cute!!!
- christine8073I hope Shay finds a loving forever home...#adoptdontshop🐾
- claudiablpj98GOOD BOY SHAY KEEP STICKING YOUR TOUNGUE OUT AT THE PHOTOGRAPHER. 😚😛😚😜😄
- jessica_lynn_sLooks too cute!!
- jennyooooo@skottdaltonic verrrrry Stanley-esque!
- skottdaltonic@jennyooooo very!!
- jjohnsontwin@missjenjohnson good description for Hurley. He needs a one minute, SLOW introduction
- shanlarkinWhat a cutie pie!
- neytv4vrSo glad to see pets thrive after being fed, cared for, loved, and socialized. 👍🏼🐶💜
- msyolyr@rescuedogsrocknyc he growled at the shelter. .yet he is a great dog. This says so much about so many others who dont make it out alive. What about reaching out to susies senior dogs tobsee if they can post him. Great exposure
- hsimpson619What a handsome boy! Great picture😝
- caitlynne_1He is a beauty! I hope and pray he gets his loving forever home soon!
- novatojudoka@chl0ster @caseyiramissy @oneillcris
- emilyhannah93What a little sweetie 😭💖
- s_h_e_e_l_a_h_The cutest ever!!!! ❤🐾
Log in to like or comment.