fitnesspainfree3 Keys To Optimal Shoulder Health for Kipping.
Hanging from a bar and kipping can create quite a bit of compression on the rotator cuff and biceps tendon. Shoulder blade position is important when teaching people to hang on the bar to help minimize stress on the shoulder structures and maximize performance. There are 3 major shoulder blade motions to work toward to optimize shoulder health.
1) Upward Rotation - This moves the acromion away from the humerus allowing space for the rotator cuff as well as centering the joint. This goes against traditional wisdom of "shoulder pack"
2) External Rotation - This moves the greater tuberosity away from the acromion further creating space for the cuff. External rotation also increases ligamentous support of the shoulder.
3) Posterior Tilt - This last movement also brings the acromion further from the humerus creating more space for the cuff. Posterior Tilt and thoracic extension also places the cuff and scapular musculature in a stronger position to produce force.
Try the exercises that follow to help teach your athletes how to hang and kip in a safer fashion.
@powermonkeyfitness @championptp #crossfit #reebok #teamreebok #pullups #kippingpullups #performancetherapy #physicaltherapy
- ianmarkowGreat post
- ctong22@narrowscrossfit we should work some of these movement prep drills into our classes... We have way too many shoulder injuries in the gym right now...
- drjoe_physioThis is great 👍
- the_jenerator@lefthand_man ?
- pursueptnow@lucillejoylifts similar to what we did today
- saraelisanilsson@anna_carin_hogquist @magnusson2786 tips😊
- lucillejoylifts@pursueptnow should I do it this way?
- willow2309"Rotate elbow pits inward". Obviously an overhand grip is being used but just to visualise, does this mean it would feel like you are feeling hands as if you were moving them towards an underhand grip? Hope that makes sense @fitnesspainfree
- fitnesspainfree@willow2309 you got it!
- snow.cultureawesome ✌
- email@example.com thanks!
Log in to like or comment.