austin_siadakBlake Herrington following yet another wild pitch of rime encrusted granite yesterday on Fitz Roy's Supercanaleta. Though this may be the "easiest" line on the mountain, its 5,300ft height and wintry conditions made this route a full value experience. Most of the upper rock pitches would have been trivial with rock shoes and dry conditions, but we found them covered in snow and rime by recent storms, and every crack was choked with ice. As a result we climbed the whole route in gloves, boots and crampons, making every pitch quite a bit more engaging and thought-provoking. It was certainly one of the better days of climbing I've ever had anywhere. Pretty mindblowing to think how ahead of their time Carlos Comesaña and José Luis Fonrouge were when they climbed the route in alpine style way back in 1965, becoming only the second team to ever climb the mountain. We are not worthy!
- austin_siadak@alpineworks thanks man
- austin_siadak@jpouellet Thanks!
- austin_siadak@alexrobertsmedia Thanks, much appreciated!
- austin_siadak@jason_n_griffith Ha! Unfortunately I did. And I took embarrassingly few photos for how much weight it cost me!
- patrickhbatesWicked. @austin_siadak
- jason_n_griffithThat's serious dedication to the craft! Knowing Blake, I'm sure you heard about the weight penalty plenty @austin_siadak . That one image alone though.......
- bobolsen88What an inspiring photo!
- brodylevenCongratulations ! So epic. Strong work!
- nathanjohnconroyBest wishes from Maine, Austin! Keep chasing the passion for all of us who aren't out in it yet!
- tylerjevans.1Aw man, dream line. Congrats!
- alphawanderlustPretty awesome :)
- practical_conservationPretty sweet :)
- yellowwood_adventuresMade my day
- jadeajaniRadical. Randomly picked up Blake hitchhiking outside Chaltén two days ago and gave him a ride to the bus station.
- haileyvandykThis is just pure magic!!
Log in to like or comment.