petesouza44Back to some musical highlights from the past eight years. Paul McCartney had won the annual Library of Congress Gershwin Prize and for most of the night in May 2010 sat in the audience as others covered his songs. Then he came on stage to sing a few himself. I had chills when he began playing "Michelle" to First Lady Michelle Obama. I knew this was a special moment but didn't have a full realization of its significance until later when I overheard the President telling others that his wife could never have imagined as an African-American girl growing up on the South side of Chicago that someday a Beatle would be singing this song to her as First Lady of the United States. As McCartney's friend John Lennon would have said, Imagine.
- insta_ginggI ❤ this
- noellemaryThis made me cry ...💜
- chrissaviskyThis makes me cry and feel so proud of our First Family.
- scootertaylor@anythingforcelena isn't this awesome??? Imagine.
- 14tharrondissement@rosepsanchez ataya nakahilak ko
- rosepsanchez@14tharrondissement the way he looks at her 😍
- janetoganahCrying @ladykatherine
- ladykatherine@janetoganah I cried on the street listening to Obama's last press conference. I'm a mess this week! Are you going to the march?
- bonneyboys@juniverflorine 😭
- chrstine.l@delyseemlou this
- firstname.lastname@example.org 😭
- jeanlumentThank you for sharing this incredible story.
- jeanlumentRespect to Michelle Obama.
- inspiredandcapturedSO SO SPECIAL thanks for the private background to the story
- michilima@sini_ngobese tagging you in these cuz I know you love them too and I'm like 😭 at every post
- albertkaggwaI just played this song on YouTube!! White house version!!
- sini_ngobese@michilima omg thank you for tagging me in these I loooove them 😭💙
- wrencubedHow incredibly special that the first family could experience something so surreal themselves as they created so many surreal opportunities for so many of us. Much love to them❤.
Log in to like or comment.