kerstin_fluentA little bit of television - y teledu Cymraeg, helpfully provided by @s4cymru #priodaspummil #s4c #languagefun #dysgucymraeg #languages #listeningpractice #languagelearning #learningwelsh
- lindsaydoeslanguagesWhaaaat?! How is s4c on BBC iplayer? I thought it was channel 4? 🙃
- letstalkwelsh@lindsaydoeslanguages S4C was launched one day before Channel 4 in the early 80s, and was a mix of Channel 4 and Welsh language programmes. So, when I was growing up, we didn't have full access to Channel 4 programmes, only the bigger stuff stuff like Brookside. Since the digital take-over, we now have full access to Channel 4, and S4C has become a monolingual station. Not sure about the ins and outs of the involvement of the BBC though - it has only been in the last few years that S4C has been available on the iPlayer.
- kerstin_fluent@letstalkwelsh wow!
- kerstin_fluent@letstalkwelsh @lindsaydoeslanguages totally edit-deleting my earlier half accurate comment as this story is actually way more complicated than I imagined
- lindsaydoeslanguages@letstalkwelsh ahh interesting!
Log in to like or comment.