lajollamomOne thing I've noticed about low tide is that it reveals little rock islands around La Jolla Cove. The seals and sea lions flock to them probably to escape the tourists.
You can hardly blame them. People get too close especially during pupping season which is the most unsafe/disrespectful time to get close to a mama and baby.
Trust me, our sea lions especially are just as enjoyable to watch/listen to when you're at a respectable distance because they're so active. They splash, play with each other, bark and do all sorts of neat-to-see things!🐠
- travelmadmumAw how cute are they
- mrandmrsromanceHa ha! The sweet relief - you can almost see it on their faces!
- misscococupcake👍 for this pic!
- ourlittlelifestyleblogSo cool!
- marliekejanssenFantastic 💙
- euan_couttsAwesome page! 😃 follow mine too!
- gtallisonGreat shot! I never understand why people want to approach them. They are huge and in the water, much faster than you are. I have been approached while diving and it scared the be-Jesus out of me.
- lajollamom@lunaticatlarge Oh dude, that's huge. Though I'd want that if I was on a safari or something!
- businesstravelerswifeIt's so amazing that you get to see this often!
- maketravelcountI'm so glad you said that. Whenever I'm at La Jolla Cove I can't believe how close the tourists get to the sea lions. Why don't the lifeguards do something? In NorCal they put yellow caution tape anywhere the animals are to keep people away. Love your photo!!
- intoteblogLove your feed!
- the_flyaway_girlThis is so cool!
- wayfaring_blissfullyDoing great work on all the wildlife pics
- sab_blahOmg finally. A respectable wildlife viewer. Thank you 🙌🏽
- donnydoquisathis is lit
- nati_ksnCutie pieeeees🌊🌊🌊
Log in to like or comment.