lmjewelrydesignsDid something I haven't tried since starting my journey in #soldering today. I took out my tripod to aid in heating up the backplates for my bezel settings and I couldn't believe how much quicker it went! When I first got the tripod I couldn't for the life of me get it to heat up the pieces enough to solder properly but now it all makes sense. Cheers to learning and growing!
- lmjewelrydesigns#metalsmith #ladysmith #makingsense #solderedjewelry #bezelset #sterlingsilver #silverjewelry #intheworks #workshop #sundayfun #wintersdaywork #canadian #canadianjewelry
- rubyswandesignYay! GOOD for you! My soldering journey has been similar. . . and because it's beginning to become easier I'm getting braver in my designs :)
- lmjewelrydesigns@rubyswanjewelry that's awesome! It's amazing how much clearer your visions become reality once things become second nature to you. Great work btw!
- karlaraedesignsAlso soldering on a charcoal block helps. I use the hard one, it reflects the heat.
- lmjewelrydesigns@karlaraedesigns yes! That's what I usually use for soldering, and love it! This definitely heats the backplate quicker without potentially damaging the thinner bezel wire. At least that's what I've found.
- lmjewelrydesigns@brendaradfordjewelry thanks!
Log in to like or comment.