amandamariefitt2016 was dedicated to upper body growth. 🌺 My body was imbalanced and I was carrying a lot more muscle in my lower body compared to my upper. Aesthetics aside, there are actually very important reasons to keep muscle mass balanced. (Many men experience the opposite problem. They build upper body and forget about glutes, quads, hammies, and calves.) The most important reason is to prevent injury. Weight bearing exercises (weight training) strengthen bone density. Without adequately training upper body, my bone density wasn't as strong as possible. Many cyclists run into this issue. Their lower body is very strong from hours in the saddle 🚴🏼 but they are prone to upper body injuries (a broken arm from a fall) due to a weak upper body. Proper muscle balance also helps with posture and alignment. Neglecting certain muscle groups or parts of the body means that risk of injury and pain (normally back) is much higher. Runners tend to suffer from IT band pain and attempt to treat it with wraps and tape. The culprit is usually weak and imbalanced glutes, which can be fixed with proper cross training. Aesthetics are great but a balanced bod is about so much more than what you see in the mirror. A strong upper body means I can carry all the groceries inside, paddle like a beast during a family kayaking trip, and throw my carry on bag inside the overhead bin without help. There are very practical reasons to focus on adding lean mass to your bod. 💪🏽
- amandamariefitt#gainingweightiscool #womenempowerment #womenempoweringwomen #realtalk #bestself #bodybuilding #powerbuilder #girlswithmuscle #girlswholift #IIFYM #IIFYMgirls #athlete #shelifts #trainhard #health #balance #fitness #progress #physique #diet #nutrition #strong #wonderwomenmentality #diaryofafitnesscompetitor #crossfit
- theshauncarrollNeed a new hat! #goblue
- amandamariefitt@theshauncarroll No, I do not need a new hat. I went to State. I am a Spartan. I'm loyal to my school regardless of their football team. 💚
- theshauncarroll😊joking.. I'm a Michigan native.
- biceps.after.babiesI love a built upper body 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻
- randy.d.mortensen@amandamariefitt You're looking so good Amanda!
Log in to like or comment.