nasaYour Home Planet, as Seen From Mars! From the most powerful telescope orbiting Mars comes a new view of Earth and its moon, showing continent-size detail on the planet and the relative size of the moon. The image combines two separate exposures taken on Nov. 20, 2016, by the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera on our Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. The images were taken to calibrate HiRISE data, since the reflectance of the moon's Earth-facing side is well known. For presentation, the exposures were processed separately to optimize detail visible on both Earth and the moon. The moon is much darker than Earth and would barely be visible if shown at the same brightness scale as Earth.
Image Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/Univ. of Arizona
#nasa #space mars #earth #moon #redplanet #orbiter #hirise #mro #nasabeyond #science
- uncle_akbarGOOD MY WAY WAY MY WE HAVE VERY GOOD AND MACH THE MY 6 THE NAME 👍👏👏👏
- 1shy2fShouldn't the moon be above Earth? Why is the Dark Side of the Moon facing Earth? Why is it dark on one side of Earth isn't that were the sun's at??
- the_real_boeing737goldDoes anyone remember Independence Day?
- uncle_akbarYes,,, not fake,, 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏🌹🌹
- i_really_need_a_name@1shy2f bro it's called a new moon
- margotwolfner@fwilly99 @nina_swift
- uncle_akbarVary beautiful 👏 👏 👏 MERCI NASA
- bmargi04Where you live.. and where I live @joaquin_rullo
- ayanavaroy4But, why is moon so clear and earth so blurish????
- ayanavaroy4Can you please reply me?? I want to know that.....
- wastyagustinHahaha fake 😆😆
- uncle_akbar@ayanavaroy4 All photos in black and white! But NASA's ornate picture quality. you got it??
- uncle_akbar@ayanavaroy4 100 % NOT FAKE
- ayanavaroy4@uncle_likes I just thought it was a problem on lens
- uncle_akbar@ayanavaroy4 ,,,,,, Well, now you're the good guy.👏👏👍👍
- uncle_akbar@ayanavaroy4 You follow me! Say what country are you?
- jeffverlezzaThis is incredible
Log in to like or comment.