courtgardI won “Best Smile” for the 8th Grade Superlatives in the Cheldelin Middle School yearbook. Haha, still one of my proudest accomplishments to date😜😄. Yes, part of is thanks to braces and genetics (thanks Mom and Dad for both!), but part of it is something else. A smile is a powerful thing and is so much more than your lips and your teeth, it’s about the light in your eyes and the warmth behind it.
My smile hasn’t changed much since the 8th grade and either have I. Well let me rephrase that, the CORE of who I am has not change. Now I know how to pluck my eyebrows and have breast implants and swear like a sailor and have a few followers on this lovely thing we call social media. But the core of me hasn’t, I am still a tom boy and love to learn and work my ass off every day and still claim Pretty Woman as my favorite movie. The girl behind the smile is still the same.
Change is inevitable. We evolve. Our values shift. Shit happens. We grow, we struggle, we thrive, we cry, we smile.
I’ve been struggling a bit lately with people’s perception of me because of Instagram… so I've been doing some reflection about how I’ve “changed.” I’m sure many of you have gone through the similar things with family or friends.
Cheers to #TransformationTuesday.
Photo by @lee_lhgfx for @fitnessgurls #BestSelf #change #smile #evolve
- firstname.lastname@example.org thank you Alex! I will continue to do so 💪🏼💛
- courtgard@tinaborelli hahaha!! I bet we've both still got it 😜💃🏼. Thank you babe, that means a lot and I am! Some days are just easier than others especially when everyone wants to give their two cents 😏. Hope I can see you soon and you're staying warm in NYC 💙💙 #delfriscoscrew4life
- courtgardNo way @ellenyinfit!!! Ha! That's too funny! I couldn't agree more! Change isn't a bad thing clearly 😉 keep crushing it and being real 🙌🏼 love that we connected and I can now watch your journey 💪🏼❤️
- courtgard@reg_67 it is, isn't it?!? It's wonderful and not so much at other points. I appreciate you taking the time to respond! It sounds like your wife is lucky to have you as a best friend and spouse!! I'm going to use that line and remind myself when I need to! "Keep your chin up high kiddo" love it so much. Thank you Reg❣️🙌🏼
- saraheevans_livingfitncleanToo funny! I won best smile in high school! 😆such a Beauty 💕
- activlifefitA awesome smile is the MOST important 👍👍@courtgard
- darkoderkuca84Wow beauty 😊😍😊😍😍😍😍😍
- imagainstaThat smile! ❤️
- gerardoriossStunning 😍
- chakra_art_and_designBeautiful! !!
- mellow.puffTitties @rickyvampsin
- tcr_ash75You are so beautiful babe 😘😍😉😊💋💋💋😍😍😘❤️🥇
- gmoolah956Great smile!😀
- nicolecartxox@fittbudz do you think she can be an ambassador for you guys?
- kenneth_toy@courtgard Well you certainly do have a beautiful smile.
- cbasportsracingLove your pics AND reading your posts. Always well written and from the heart ❤
Log in to like or comment.