kelly_minterSome guilt free thoughts on my blog today on why I'm grateful to have grown up with a family dinner table, and how I'm creating my own today.
- amandabrownphotoLoved it! My mom and I were just talking about the family dinner table! ☺️
- kelly_minter@amandabrownphoto good timing.
- lolomcclure71The table has become one of my most favorite and dearest things!!
- lola_r3I loved this. With three grown children I look back and see a lot of things I would love to redo but oh God's grace that you have let me feel His love today and a gentle pat on the back and a well done. Because whether it was frozen pizza or a family favorite, gathering was a priority and you have applied needed balm to an empty nesters heart today 🙌🏼💕👍🏼🙋🏼
- lp_tomlinsonThanks, Kelly! Your words so resonated with me today! I miss those family meals even if all my children remember me preparing was fish sticks!! Nothing takes the place of spending time together❤
- kelly_minter@lola_r3 I'm so so thankful to hear this. Well done! I agree that it's not always about what we are but that we were together.
- kelly_minter@lolomcclure71 what makes it the most dear to you?
- kelly_minter@lp_tomlinson fish sticks! The best. Next time you're here you all need to come over.
- lolomcclure71@kelly_minter the gathering of family and friends, the food, the laughter, the storytelling, the remembering. I just love every single part of it, even though my husband and I basically are empty nesters now, we still find ways to have people around our dinner table as often as possible, because we love it so! It connects people and like your mom says it offers a place of belonging. ❤️
- nicallen610Such a good word. I'm extremely blessed that @sueallen610 makes this such a priority. It doesn't hurt that she's an amazing cook. She ministers to me and the kids so much w wise grocery purchases and hot healthy meals daily. I'm counting on meal times with her and the kiddos to continue yielding dividends especially as they grow and get older.
- emilybailey@kelly_minter have you read James K. A. Smith's You Are What You Love? He has a wonderful chapter about family gathering at the table!
Log in to like or comment.