nemomaticNice little estate sale haul from this weekend. The highlight is the pair of Trav-A-Dials. I've been eager to mount some on my little Wade lathe, but I'm concerned there just isn't enough room. Worth a try I suppose.
- tomharoldartWhat's a Trav-a-Dial? And, if they do not fit your lathe, keep me in mind. If it sounds like something I'd have use for, I may be interested. Hope they work for you, though.👍👍
- nemomatic@tomharoldart it's like an analog DRO. They help you know the exact position of your cutting tool. Makes for more precise work and easier repetition.
- tomharoldart@nemomatic Oh, I do like the sound of that! Now I want some!💪👍
- tyneworkshopLooks like a good hoard there 👌👌👍Yes Trav-a-dial are good. @tomharoldart you can make a cheap but still hand set up with DTI clock with a magnet on the back , if you search various forums etc have posts about them, Adam, abomb79 uses one on his Monarch lathe on youtube ☺👍
- tomharoldart@tyneworkshop Thanks very much!👍
Log in to like or comment.