girleatworldHappy Lunar New Year everyone! 🐔
This is Jianbing from when I was in Shanghai earlier this month. I was SO happy when I found this on the street!
Jianbing is a type of savory thin crepe that has earned the title of the most popular chinese street breakfast. I also read somewhere that "bing" is the term chinese use to describe anything that's round in shape.
To make Jianbing, the cook would first spread a thin batter over a griddle to make the crepe-like skin. Then, he would crack two eggs and spread it over the batter, while slowly adding ingredients on top such as crispy crackers, scallions, pickled vegetable and hoisin sauce. After that he would fold the entire thing and cut it in half, and Jianbing is ready to be eaten!
For more information and photos of my eating adventure in Shanghai, click on the link in my profile above 🔝🙋🏻 #ShotOniPhone #GirlEatWorld #GirlEatShanghai
- benditacorridaOlha que insta legal @ba_barbosa
- roopasjFor when you go to Japan 😂 @iammohini @jaspalsehda x
- see.eat.bePretty sweet :)
- viking_wanderer❤ 🙏
- devheelboudoir👍 😃 👍
- acheterfollowersfacilementLe rêve !
- amic5tnycAmazing absolutely
- silence_is_golden_15煎饼 is the Chinese characters for Jianbing 饼(bing) is Chinese for biscuit
- silence_is_golden_15There's actually an egg tart that Singaporeans queue up an hour for in Orchard road. Maybe if you revisit Singapore again you can try
- wnnappAwesome profile
- justchaa@pitaajchao Cindy's favorite
Log in to like or comment.