caroline_joyToday on the blog: Packing in a carry on is tricky, but add winter coats, sweaters, and boots to the mix and you’ve got a real challenge on your hands. The good news? You can definitely do it. And I'll show you how -- link in profile.
- sarahyic@caroline_joy thank you!!
- lynnis_liftsI'm a big fan of packing cubes (like eBags) to make travel more orderly. I just packed for a 5 day trip in a 15L backpack and just slid in the packing cube on top of shoes and next to my laptop. Then always where your heaviest/bulkiest shoes and clothes on the plane.
- lafillelenaI love your clothing and writing style, so inspiring! 👍🙌
- ckjar28I too am a fan of eBags packing cubes. They help keep everything nice and organized. I used to travel with a huge suitcase that I always had to check but now I use a travel backpack and I'll never go back! @caroline_joy ❤️ your blog I get so much value from it 😘
- elisekayzeeAny ideas for resort wear packing? I have a beachy girls trip and am determined to NOT overpack 😩
- caroline_joy@elisekayzee I've got a few beach packing lists in the archives -- look for the "travel + packing" category! 😄
- madsmusesI loved this post, Caroline!
- nicha_ward@caroline_joy have just discovered your blog and ❤ it! Any tips for packing for an extended trip away. I'm heading back to nz for about a month and am desperate not to overpack...🤔
- shannontheresa23@caroline_joy Do you have the smallest suitcase?
- dissertanteJust covered a travel capsule today--10 wardrobe items, including my jacket for 16 days.
- caroline_joy@shannontheresa23 Yes! The regular carry on. 😄
- shannontheresa23@caroline_joy thank you! I am going to be traveling the US for two weeks and you are my inspiration.
- meggo312Just what I need for this week!
- theonlykristinI'm heading to Chicago for 48 hrs next week so this was well timed!
- catulifeAw nice
- sara_cornelius_Hi Caroline, I know you have the "central shirt" from madewell. I'm wondering what size you wear in that compared to their other pieces. I know it's an oversized fit so I'm trying to figure out what size I would be. I like XS in their pocket v-necks, but then I wear a M in their cardigans and sweaters for a roomier fit. I think I'm a similar size to you. Any suggestions?
- caroline_joy@sara_cornelius_ I have an XS in the central shirt and I love the fit -- definitely still oversized even in XS. 😄
- sara_cornelius_@caroline_joy awesome, thank you! Are you also an XS in their tees?
- emilymahiaiI like the fact that Away carrying is already divided up so you don't really need packing cubes to organize it. I currently just use a 30-liter travel backpack (since it fits into international budget airline carryon limits, and a suitcase does not, plus it's small enough to carry for miles of walking), but if I ever decide I want to use a suitcase again, I'll check out Away!
Log in to like or comment.