munchiesandmunchkinsI had an entirely different and heavily edited photo that I was about to post tonight. Then I changed my mind. After I did my workout today I took some time to look at myself and the changes I'm seeing in my body. Not in the sense of any weight loss but that I am getting toned and strong and I'm pleased with the progress. Then I saw my stretch marks and thought ah if only they were gone then I'd be really happy. That isn't true, if they weren't there I would find something else to focus on. I could have filtered this in a way that you couldn't spot the marks but that's a lie. They are there. My body has been through such a lot over the past 6 years and I don't think I'll ever be someone who says I love my tiger stripes - I love what they brought me but I hate the scars themselves. And although they are fading ( a massive amount since last year - thanks pure Aloe gel #notanad ) they may always be there. This Summer however I will wear a bikini ..if the weather allows 😊. I have worked hard to get in shape and will continue to, so I should just be proud of that, if a mark or two offends anyone I don't really care. Also this is a last glimpse of my teeny stars tattoo on my right hip which is going to be revamped by @chrishattonpg next week! #loveyourbody
- munchiesandmunchkins@moderndadpages thank you 😊 it is kind of crazy what it takes to grow a human right? But thank you, you are right that we shouldn't wish them away and I do really wish I could say I don't mind them being there but that's a lie. I can however just learn to get past it and be happier with the way I look x
- sharon_donnellyWhat an inspiring post. I was lying in bed moping and I demanded a cup of tea brought up to me. That tea and looking through your recent photos has made me see I need to stop moping and be more positive x
- ladyhwLove yourself totally none of us are perfect if we can't who can and it is easier said than done! I have just lost half a stone and have at least another 2 stone to go x
- michelletwinmumLove this post, x
- moderndadpagesAbsolutely amazing it is!
- leighakendallFabulous! Love the stars xx 💖
- munchiesandmunchkins@sharon_donnelly oh I have days where I mope believe me, don't we all? Are you ok? Haven't seen much from you in a while. I find I have to force positivity sometimes and it doesn't come naturally to me so I have to work at it. I'm really glad it inspired you. X
- munchiesandmunchkinsWell done on your half stone, it can be done. I've lost a total of three now and I'm done with weight loss, now I'm just working on fitness and health instead. Weight loss can be very difficult so good luck with rest of your journey xx
- munchiesandmunchkins@michelletwinmum thanks 😘
- munchiesandmunchkins@leighakendall thanks Leigh, loved your video earlier. Inspiring! X
- dirtymother#loveyourbody indeed! Brave Beautiful lady.. No one else's standards matter - just your own! Don't set that bar too high cause you're already Killin it! 💯👌
- munchiesandmunchkins@dirtymother thank you 😘😘😘
- scotties_food_adventureWell I think you should be awesomely proud on what your achieving & how your looking. Plus excellent effort on not chucking a filter on that pic too 😇👍🏻
- mojoblogsI've always thought you're a total dream boat 😍😍, buuuuut I love this post very much. It's funny isn't it, we will always find something to dislike, something to change... freedom to love ourselves and acceptance are totes the way forward. Xx
- munchiesandmunchkins@scotties_food_adventure Thank you 😊 xx
- munchiesandmunchkins@mojoblogs well 😍😍 I'm glad somebody thinks I'm a dreamboat. Love to you 😘. Yes there is always something but at some point you just to have to say well this is how I look, may as well start liking it or at least trying to. Thanks you xx
- penjyWhat lovely words and I'm so pleased you're managing to change your focus. I struggle with being kind to myself over my weight and how my body has changed since having my little boy. It's a hard balance to find between the wondrous love we have for our children and effect bearing them can take on us
- meanroelBeautiful!! I wear a tankini but maybe I will buy and wear a bikini (once). A revamp on the tattoo...sends a shiver through me still letting my firs one settle from a couple weeks ago, lol.
- munchiesandmunchkins@penjy very true. We are so hard on yourselves, have to at least try to be kind x
Log in to like or comment.