lqseatonMy personal #hatathon2017 has devolved into a little bit of chaos. Hat #4 is basically done but this pattern makes a bit of a point and needs a pompom. #5 is stalled because I made a dumb decision to alternate the yarns I'm marling and it turned out to make no visual difference but adds an extra minute to every row as I untangle myself. I have...temporarily set this aside so that I can make quicker progress to my goal of ten. Started Hat #6 with chunky yarn; hopefully this will be a fast track to getting back on schedule although the yarn itself is tangled and at some point that's going to catch up with me. I feel like dark orange yarn is cursed for me: every one I've used has tangled. :/ #yarnnews #charityknitting
- lqseatonOlypen folks: we are meeting again on Feb 20th and collecting hats then. Come join us! If you are not a knitter, but know one, please spread the word and let them know all are welcome. We want to make 100 hats to distribute to ppl in need in the community.
- lqseatonAlso crocheters are welcome too!
- daphneadairHave you tried letting the tangle go a few rounds then holding the hat in the air to let it dangle & untwist?
- lqseaton@daphneadair would this be for the marly one where the switching is when I have to untangle or the orange one where there is just a big tangle?
- daphneadair@lqseaton the marled one. Two yarns, right?
- marisajrossCan I request one?? You are incredibly talented!!!
- lqseaton@marisajross aww thank you! I might have bitten off more than I can chew with these charity projects but I hope to return to hats for friends at some point!!
- lqseaton@daphneadair well technically three. Yarn A plus B for one row and then Yarn A plus C for one row. I keep finding the secondary yarn winds around yarn a so when I want to drop B for C or vice versa, I have to untwist it from A. This was not my brightest move, using the third yarn for this
- daphneadair@lqseaton OH I SEE. Yes. This is like fair isle. Do try the spinning untwisting. Gravity + centrifugal force.
- daphneadairPS the hat looks cool.
Log in to like or comment.