talontedlexThis photo was hard to take and is even harder to post. Every single time I take a photo of my bare skin I am still shocked, because this is not how I picture myself. When I imagine my face, I think of the girl on the right: happy, comfortable, wearing an amazing lipstick that screams confidence. So when I see the girl on the left, it's jarring. And it makes me upset.
But I absolutely love seeing photos like these from other people. It shows that make up can be transformative and beautiful, but it's also so so much more than that. Wearing make up makes me feel stronger and helps me to be myself. To others this may sound silly or vain but to me it's a necessity. It gives me control over something I cannot change and that is so powerful.
One of my missions this year is to try to pare back my make up in an attempt to feel more comfortable in my skin. But it's a slow process and one I'm really struggling with to be honest. I'd love to be more confident about the way I look, but for now I'm just trying to be a little kinder to myself. #perfectlyme
- sazdcHave you ever tried any 'drops' type foundation @talontedlex? NYX and Gosh do some. I'm not sure about it as my skin is quite dry as well as oily! I'm still hunting for decent foundation as I don't buy stuff that's animal tested or whose parent companies test on animals globally, which narrows the options! Thinking of trying Kat Von D and Illamasqua next. 😵
- megiwooMy Hero:)
- sophiewoanGorgeous! You are so brave to put this photo up! I suffered with bad rosacea for about 5 years, until, after seeing a few different dermatologists I found a way to calm it! I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror unless I was putting make up on and my confidence was completely down. So I can imagine how you feel.. this opens up such amazing connections by you doing this. Go you 🎉😃 xxx
- djna64What foundation do you use?
- dins93Would also love to know what product you use. - my rosacea would never look this good with make up - please help ! Thank you !
- charmul_xToday i'm going through a bad flare up & coming across your post has made me feel so much better. Its so easy to feel like youre the only 1 going through regular flare ups.
- annidrinksteaconstantlyOh gosh, I know the struggle, @sazdc! The whole oily/dry skin and cruelty free problem.. tried the NYX matte foundation but I think none of them really match my skin tone, plus they don't last that long on oily skin. will use this up now though.
- mikosun1Thanks for sharing. Shows we all aren't alone. I used to have extremely bad flare ups up until a couple of yes ago. I tried lysine and vitamin c combined and I rarely get a flare up now, unless I drink too much!
- mikosun1Years ago I mean
- ruby.booksHi, what foundation do you use? I have rosacea and I find it hard to find a foundation that covers it because sometimes you can see my flare ups through it
- ljlmakeupYou're amazing!!!! 💕💕 loved watching you on Katie pipers face to face xxx
- gemma.greenhowHi I also have rosacea what make up is it you have on in this pic xxx
- firstname.lastname@example.org april is rosacea awareness month!
- missanly@talontedlex hi, do you use any medicated products for rosacea
- mrsdeciccoI've just been prescribed a cream called mirvaso , I was so happy hoping this would improve things... The gel does work and clear it for the first few hours and then later I have a attack of burning and red purple colouring 😥😥 worse than what my skin was before I started the treatment three days ago. Anyone else tried this cream?
- mrsdecicco@sophiewoan hi how did you manage to calm it? I've had it the past year 😥
- sophiewoan@mrsdecicco I saw 4 different dermatologists before I found the right treatment and diagnosis. I ended up paying to go private to ensure I got the right care as it was really starting to effect my life. I was put on strong antibiotics and then I use 1 part glycerin with 2 parts water to cleanse my skin, followed by cetaphil moisturiser and an SPF 50 on my face everyday. My one piece of advice for you is that if your treatment isn't working for you find another dermatologist until you find the right one for you. Don't give up xx
- mrsdecicco@sophiewoan thank you. Make us a wonderful thing and can help camouflage but it does get me down x
- debbiegronow@mrsdecicco .....I was prescribed this but decided to bin it as I read such bad reviews regarding the return of worse redness and burning ..I hope your skin calms down. . I am sticking to antibiotics at the moment for short term solution ..I know I need to seek a permanent one soon though ..good luck xxx
Log in to like or comment.