empoweredsustenanceLET’S GET CHOLESTEROL STRAIGHT
It’s 2017, and it’s time to get cholesterol straight.
Cholesterol is a healing agent in the body. Cholesterol levels rise during stress and when it is needed to aid a healing process. The body sends cholesterol from the liver to damaged tissue for repair. When the cholesterol is no longer required for tissue repair, it returns to the liver.
Cholesterol travels to the artery to repair inflamed tissue, but it does not block the artery. If the inflammation is not addressed, then polyunsaturated fats and plaque form an arterial block. Inflammation, not cholesterol, causes heart disease.
Overwhelming research shows that consuming cholesterol-rich saturated fats does not cause heart disease. Interestingly, low cholesterol levels are correlated with a higher risk of cancer, criminal acts of violence, suicide, dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and depression.
I’ve got the studies to back it all up here. #linkinprofile http://empoweredsustenance.com/is-cholesterol-bad/ You can pull out this post if anyone tells you to choose oil over butter. :-)
- evolvingerinbGreat post
- faithmtnwellness100% AMEN to this🙌🏼🙌🏼
- missakellyThis IS great!!!
- emeliekampYES!! 😎
- foodfunctionGreat Post let's not forget that some of us do not clear cholesterol from the blood. This is only a problem for a small % of people. knowing your genetic APoE status will give one a clearer picture. I will eventually write a blog on how I could have killed myself eating a ketogenic diet 🙏
- priszilla@empoweredsustenance you would love a book called human heart, cosmic heart by Thomas Cowan. i'm listening to it right now and it is blowing my mind. 💛
- healingandhyggeI'm so glad someone posted about this finally! The word seriously needs to get out there. I was just talking to my naturopath about it and my dad recently told me his high cholesterol levels resolved finally, without medication.
- kerrikuriBrilliant! 👏
Log in to like or comment.