diyplaybookBefore we left on vacation I watched a documentary on Netflix about #Minimalism & LOVED it. Being away from home, not having much "stuff" with me, and being surrounded by such beauty has got me thinking even more about this fascinating concept. I'm not looking to live in a tiny house or clear our house of all my "treasures" but I DO want to make more intentional choices of what I bring into my home (my closet and my life). I want to make space for things that I absolutely love and get rid of everything else I don't. I only want to surround myself with things that inspire me... even if that means living with less. I'm sure this will be a long process but I'm excited to give it a try! || http://liketk.it/2q2dd @liketoknow.it #liketkit #diyplaybooktravel
- diyplaybookIt's not by her, but I do believe they reference some of her stuff. Super interesting @rosalyntee
- withwingsandrootsI watched it too! I also love "clearing the clutter with feng shui" and Marie kondo's book. I started a clean out last night - going to be a long process 😝
- simplestylingsblogTotally my mantra last year and hopefully forever! That was a great film!
- jkhomestead@younghouselove referenced this Netflix documentary on their podcast this week! Can't wait to check it out. Perfect way to start the new year.
- diyplaybookThat's awesome!! It must feel so great starting to get rid of stuff @withwingsandroots! 👏🏻
- diyplaybookLove that @simplestylingsblog!! Keep us posted, we'd love to hear updates!!
- diyplaybookWe will have to listen this week, thank you @jkhomestead!! And we agree, great way to start "fresh" in 2017
- superstar5622Yes!! I added that to my queue to watch soon! I get so inspired by everything I read about minimalism!
- laurenacassidyYes to minimalism! Im going that route too...
- jdls813@diyplaybook Thanks for the recommendation! It sounds like you'd really get into Marie Kondo's book. It's the kind of read you can't wait to finish in order to get to work on your clutter.
- diyplaybookYay @laurenacassidy!!
- diyplaybookOMG that sounds amazing @jdls813, thank you for the recommendation!!
- cckahleI've also heard great things about "The Life Changing Method of Tidying Up" ! Are you ladies familiar with a capsule wardrobe?
- edecompanyWho inspired you when you were young?
- chersstitchesMy oldest had a fire 2 years ago this month. She said she doesn't miss most of the stuff they lost. Maybe the lesson is less is more.
- diyplaybookYes @cckahle! They talk a lot about that in the documentary- fascinating! I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to just 33 items (like in the video) but wow, definitely purging A LOT in the closet.
- diyplaybookI'm so sorry @chersstitches, but wow... What a positive daughter you have! I do love the less is more message.
- chersstitches@diyplaybook When I think of all the "things" they lost it's sad but than I remember she got the 5 kids and herself out safely.
- diyplaybookWow, she is amazing @chersstitches! I'm so sorry that happened but what a strong & brave daughter you have!
- ohsolovely_blogI watch the minimalists pretty much every other week. Such a great reminder. I also donated 600 items this week alone. Feeling so much lighter already! Happy New Year!!
Log in to like or comment.