brenebrownHere’s to a braver 2017…
At the close of every year I ask myself four questions:
1. What do I want more of in my life?
2. How do I let go of what’s no longer serving me?
3. What will make me feel more alive? Braver?
4. At the end of every day and at the end of every year, I need to know that I contributed more than I criticized. How have I contributed and what will that look like moving forward?
Despite the divisiveness and hateful rhetoric (and actions) that have marked the past two months, I still believe that we are more the same than we are different. As I reflect on my answers to these questions, I have to believe that many of you share these yearnings:
I want more joy, more connection, more courage and more love.
Fear, judgment, and exhaustion are no longer serving me.
Nothing makes me feel more alive than joy. I’ve struggled with this because I haven’t been practicing gratitude as much as I would like to, and I know that gratitude is the foundation of joy.
I think I contributed by speaking my truth while trying to be respectful, and I was brave even when it meant taking hits from critics and cynics.
As we head into the new year, I made a big decision at @courageworks to start with a new parenting collection that focuses on how we raise courageous children and build messy, beautiful, wholehearted families.
I hope you’ll join me as we enter into a braver 2017, where together, we will transform the way we raise our children and make the world a braver place.
Join us at the link in bio.
Use promo code INSTATRIBE for 20% off.
If you're already enrolled, see you in class next week!
- limonsalvaje0This is definitely first rated!
- katienwmnLove this!
- elisejoanfitness❤ 🙏 [ @EliseJoanFitness ]
- lena_enxin🍁 😌
- recoverygurlfromthehoodNever a truer quote spoken
- nerdy_nurse70Love this ❤️
- welove_nowPerhaps this pivotal moment in our history is the moment WE are being called to have the light enter into us. It’s time to face the world in front of our eyes, and imagine the future we want to see. Rather than continuing to sit back and watch reality unfold, it’s time to grasp it and affect its path. It’s time to act, not for you or me, but for the WE.
- bdiamondmThank you.
- kenblanchardcompaniesLove this message!
- pametaMe encanta @nydiaglz, lee ⬆️
- themorningroadThank you @brenebrown for your honesty, bravery and humility. You've certainly contributed to our lives in a wonderful wonderful way ❤️💜💚💙
- whatajoytobeawomanHurray to that! ! Spread peaceful lovoving seeds with the ones you can reach ...also never stop working on your self our own impact in the world 🤗💪💕✌
- wildflowersthebook@jnagle5000 @ijmaus thinking of you when I read this, now on separate paths but this is still so relevant to both!
- janemarrhomesIs it too late to start?
- curlycluesclubWe are aiming to spread the love and compassion one box at a time- one parent to child interaction at a time
Log in to like or comment.