spiralelixirThe other day I said, "I shrink at the thought of limiting myself to just making & selling things". To clarify... I won't limit myself to making repetitive bottled items to sell anymore. As an herbalist, mama & artist I am always making things & crafting up useful things for myself, family & those in need. I will always be like that, & I enjoy it so much, but I know that selling batches of what I make in identical form to bring additional income is not what brings me joy. (Ex: I sold 100s of bottles of 🌿therapeutic oil blends & 🌹botanical perfumes for a year when we first were planning to move here & for a few months while we were settling in. I was making a lot of money, consistently each month, but I wasn't enjoying it like I thought would.) I still have to buy lots of bottles, labels & packaging supplies- making what I've always made for myself in larger quantities. I profit financially, but I don't feel good packaging so many orders- zipping back & forth to the post office with my kids. It feels impersonal, & too much about sales & making bottles of products that I know others can make for them self. #realtalk I offer an eBook that I give away for free on my website. It explains how to make synergistic🌿blends & botanical perfumes + so much more. THAT feels good, & brings me joy. I am doing more one-on-one work with my freed up time, & have more time to learn, explore, create 🙌🏽 & do Cosmic Soul Maps & Readings. I don't like streamlining products for sales & limiting myself to things made repetitiously in containers. I like making them but not over & over again. It feels stifling to my spirit. I like OOAK things & teaching others how to make things. I enjoy sharing knowledge to inspire people who are interested. I like supporting other business' products that I respect. I'll save time & money not filling tons of orders, & have more freedom to create new things & do what I love + 🤔💭🌎♻️. I value my work & time, & get paid well for it. But I feel like a machine when I make multiple identical bottled things. Some don't mind it, but I don't have time for it on my path working w/ people in-depth & creating/evolving. My sewing, art, 🎶& 🌿craft stay fresh!🌀
- spiralelixir#knifecommunity #bandage #ouch #allgood #hand #handmade #maker #ooak #alwaysfresh #snowfall #realization #meditation #intention #followyourheart #trusttheprocess #smallbusiness #herbalist #astrologer #spiritual #counselor
- branchandboneYes, exactly! I'd much rather offer services, recipes and DIYs in some form to folks on a regular basis. I don't have a problem with selling items in small batches, but it's that constant production, labeling, packaging that can get tiresome and feel disconnected.
- spiralelixirYep... when I make something 🌿, I want to share "about" it so others can experience the good I get from things, not sink into taking advantage of those uninformed or naive or disempowered. I want to lift people up and remind them THEY can do it! It's like that proverb, "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"... Someone once told me she studies marketing psychology books to sell her Herbal products, and I literally gasped and felt a toxic spell around her aura. I feel bad for people who buy into schemes for profit from people who just want their money or a trendy label/status. I appreciate your work @branchandbone and look forward to seeing more of your offerings and storytelling. I relate a lot and see your wisdom flowering more and more. 🙏🏽 Self care is not attained by a product either. So for me, a holistic approach that I can explain or support for others is what I value and will spend energy on. All inclusive, variety, and ethical practices for all to benefit. 😉🤜🏽🤛🏽❤️
- greenbridgebotanicalsLove this post, have been thinking about this a lot lately!
- spiralelixir@greenbridgebotanicals 😊
- theherbanwombanI resonate so much with this post... even the thought of starting my business doesn't bring me as much joy as I thought it would.. I always think does the world need another herbal skin care line? Do I really want to promote the purchasing of more things? Maybe teaching about being more self-sufficient would be better? Anyways, thanks for sharing ❤️🌿
- spiralelixir@theherbanwomban I hear you, and completely understand. At the heart of what we do we know the truth and feel that inner guidance, but so many are tempted by money and status & go astray... but it's truly just an ego trap for fools to get in line for yet another product making scheme. We do all have the right to try to serve and offer our creations to others and there are those who will benefit, but deep down when we look at what a business surrounding slanging products is like that- it looks murky and something is off balance. People use the term "small batch" these days loosely, as to me, a small batch is whatever herbs I can carry home in my hands to make for immediate use, not bags full for sitting on shelves and photo shoots to impress. Feel me on that? I honor everyone's path and awareness- this is my take on it. What I see... but I am sure others resonate. I have a full apothecary of dried herbs and concoctions brewing, but 99% is for my family and those who come through my life face-to-face. Thanks for commenting. I appreciate your insight... and yes, we all contribute to the whole by sharing what we know from experience, and yes, I think we have enough skincare lines! Lol. Much love to you.
- iamjessicagoodwinAbsolutely love this ❤❤❤ I completely get it!! Making multiples of the same thing can be time saving and finically helpful but I love creating one of a kind pieces for customers so they have something that truly resonates with them!! And teaching others how to help heal and care for themselves ❤❤
- spiralelixir@shantiwellness Om Shanti ✨🙏🏼🌀
- theherbanwomban@spiralelixir haha 😂 totally!!! You said it perfectly and I'm so grateful for you shining light on this matter!!! It's so messed up that we are all caught up in the money making game and can't just live and grow/hunt/forage food anymore and spend time with our tribe! ❤️😽 much love to you too
- wildcucumberAh yes! I'm always at a loss for words when someone just says it for me! Thank you 🙌🏼✨I love thinking of crafting and making as a constant evolution moving with us through our lives sparking and rippling through people who find love in what we make!
- spiralelixirI love how you expressed that @wildcucumber So poetic and imaginative. 👁💖
- spiritguidesmagDo you!!! Clarity is gold and a new year is the perfect time to get rid of what isn't working so the universe can bring in something more in alignment. Bravo to you for saying no! ❤
- branchandbone@spiralelixir so true. And thank you for that, Lauren. 🙏🏽
- triciaecoI love how you recognise what's most important to you...and how you don't want to spend your time. Wise.
- risinguprootedOh man, I resonate with this so much--I've struggled and continue to struggle with whether or not to sell any herbal products online. I used to make a small line of salves, soaps, and such to sell at the farmers market, but got so turned off by the pressure to have the same products in stock week to week regardless of seasonality. Thank you for putting your own experience out there--it's good food for thought. 🤔💚
- spiralelixir@triciaeco ☺️🌀✨❤️
- spiralelixir@risinguprooted It all comes down to a feeling that it's not what I am meant to do... that once I start making things over and over and just focusing on profiting from small little contained items that there is something off. I am glad others seems to understand because it's difficult for me to explain since it's based off an internal awareness I have that may not be what others feel. It's just too strong for me to ignore now. ☺️🌀✨🍃
Log in to like or comment.