megiswellI've been away from Instagram for a while, which tends to happen during the holidays. I leave my phone somewhere, get busy in the kitchen, and forget to even look at it. ⠀
I went from Christmas straight to planning and prepping for a dinner party I'm throwing the 7th for my friends (because they're awesome).⠀
Which brings me to the New Year. 2016 was a hard year for a lot of people. But it was especially hard for me. ⠀
I was hospitalized 6 times because of ulcerative colitis or complications because of it.⠀
I said goodbye to my colon.⠀
I lived with a stoma (my small intestine poking out of my abdomen), for 3 months.⠀
I got pancreatitis.⠀
I had the ileostomy take down surgery. And then was hospitalized because of complications 2 times. ⠀
In two months, I spent 23 days in the hospital, was on iv nutrition, and got down to 95 pounds.⠀
I've struggled, cried, screamed, fallen down, been too weak to realize what's going on around me, felt despair, and personally realized the frailness of life.⠀
But I've had great friends and family who listened to me cry and held my hand. Who visited or called me while I was going crazy in the hospital. Who nursed me back to health. Who constantly asked if there was anything they could do. Who organized a massive letter writing project, where I received beautiful words of encouragement from friends, acquaintances, and strangers (yeah I sobbed a lot when I got those). ⠀
So cheers to great friends and family.⠀
Cheers to being healthy enough to be so busy, I forget to be attached to my phone.⠀
Cheers to being healthy enough to cook for those I love. And to eat too. I love eating. ⠀
Cheers to overcoming obstacles and being excited for 2017 because you know despite all the bad, there is extraordinary good out there ❤️ 😘 🍾 🎉⠀
#feedfeed @thefeedfeed #foodblogfeed @foodblogfeed #heresmyfood @food #buzzfeast #thekitchn #eater #cookCL #f52grams #eattheworld #huffposttaste #yahoofood #cookit #foodwinewomen #foodandwine #lifeandthyme #beautifulcuisines #hautecuisines #onthetable #wprecipemaker #foodstyling #foodphotography #eattheworld #foodblogeats #eeeeeats #ulcerativecolitis #ibdwarrior #jpouch #jpouchlife
- withthegrainsHere's to a much healthier New Year! ❤
- foodiefiascoThis looks amazing
- rachel_thewandererLove this! 🙌🏻 💯Cheers to health&happiness 🥃🍻
- donutgobaconmyheartSo jealous!
- afterworkfitness.deThis is definitely first rated!
- champagne.tastesI hope 2017 is so much better 💗💗💗
- joeandpatscarcellaMeg you are awesome!!!! IV not met you yet maybe@soon though I just wanted you to known you have been in our prayers and I'am glad your feeling so much better. Love your recipes and made some for the Holidays those Salted Carmel Peanut butter squares my 17 yr old grandson said were Bomb!!!!!! Happy New Year and wishing you a wonderful memory filled year ahead. #ImKevinsgrandma. Pat
- wholegreensYou are incredibly strong, thank you for sharing! Cheers to a better year! ✨✨
- megiswell@withthegrains amen 🙏
- megiswell@rachel_thewanderer cheers 🍻 😘
- email@example.com thanks so much ❤
- megiswell@joeandpatscarcella I'm so glad to hear from you even though we haven't met-your whole family has been so supportive. And I'm super happy you enjoyed the bars!
- megiswell@wholegreens thanks so much and cheers!
- gmill3r_What kind of camera do you use @megiswell
- megiswell@gmill3r_ I use a Canon EOS 70D and my iPhone 6s. This one was taken with my phone.
- gmill3r_@megiswell thank you @megiswell! Looking into getting a camera so your response helps!
- explorerfoodieI think we might like the same things! Cool profile 😉
Log in to like or comment.