sayyesblogPost-holiday is always a downer but I've had something super fun to look forward to: I'm headed to Germany at the end of this week for a short trip with @lufthansa_usa. I've never been and would love your advice on sites, food, shopping in Munich, Fussen (castles!) and Berlin (where I'm meeting my sisters!). Eeek! So excited! (📷by @laurenswells)
- michelleallerRad! It's been way too long since I've been to Germany, can't wait to follow along on your trip!
- cardandparcelI'm headed to Berlin this summer so I'll be watching for tips. Enjoy!
- lemonblissbakeryMy husband and I went last year and Germany has our heart! Nuremberg - the nazi documentation center was sobering and a must see. (A museum dedicated to the rise and fall of the nazi party). Rottenburg obder taber - we stayed in a hotel inside the walled city that was built in 1100. (Several like it). Fussen was fantastic but be prepared for bus loads of tourists. The bridge to overlook the castles has been under renovation for soooo long. Over a year. Hopefully it's done now. The hotel sonne in fussen was lovely. The rococo Wieskirche church between fussen and Munich is worth the detour. Can't wait to follow along for Berlin. Next time for us!
- littlehiccupsHow exciting! I love Germany 😊
- alisiasansomFussen is one of my favorite cities I've ever been too. You will love it!
- betsybricksWhen the 🐱 is away the 🐭 play! Excited for you and for Grandma duty in your absence!
- mominzurichOh you'll have a wonderful time! There's just too much in Germany. Enjoy yourself! Füssen is so cute. And the castles... We love Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Berlin and Hamburg are on my bucket list for this year.
- juliatongtongI'm living near Berlin, so I have lots of suggestions 😅: Fernsehturm is such a tourist hot spot, but it's really worth it! You have an amazing view all over the city and can have a dinner if you'll like to. I would buy online tickets in advance, so you can avoid the line. Museumsinsel is beautiful for having a walk or taking a coffee break in the museum café. Prenzlauer Berg is the hippest district with lots of little shops and restaurants. Odeon cinema could be interesting for you because it just shows english movies with original voice. Besides it has a beautiful vintage flair because of it's interior and small size. Could go on and on but I think you'll just have limited time right? Hope you'll have lots of fun!!
- jerriha52@luluthebaker try the pommes frites with mayonnaise. Also, the halb henschien (1/2 fried chicken). I think you'll like them!
- aliceandloisOh my goodness- how amazing!!!
- kaitmillsExcited to follow your trip! ✈️
- annachiuchiles@sayyesblog we just got back from visiting family in Germany! Loved flying with @lufthansa_usa! I always get a Currywurst as soon as I land because I love them so much. My favorite dish is sauerbraten with Klose and Rotkohl, and we always get fresh broetchen (bread rolls) every morning. Have the best time!! ❤️
- modernkidsI used to live in Berlin! KDW is a must see for Berlin shopping, museum hopping in Mitte - visit to Prenzlauerberg for all things hipster, milch mit honig every morning with your fruhstuck!!! Also I don't know if it's still there but the first time I ever had fancy ramen was in Berlin. Just look for ramen and if it has amazing reviews, go! Enjoy!!
- freakannidon't go to Hofbräuhaus (you have a copy in Vegas) go to Augustiner Bräu - BEST beer and nearly no tourist there
- laurenswellsHave the best time!
Log in to like or comment.