dearwendyadviceFound this photo at my parents' today of me at the crater of Mt. Fuji. I was nine. It took a few months of training and eight hours to hike to the top. Of the 20+ kids I started the hike with, I was the only one to make it all the way, and the only adults who made it were the two teachers I dragged with me because I couldn't keep going without a chaperone and I was determined to not give up. This year, my goal is to dig deep and find some of that old fire in my belly. And maybe go on another hike.
- ninevechskyThat's amazing!
- nickels711Great story! And i know you can do it!!
- jnewscityAdmirable. Excellent! No small feat.
- emilyinhtownI love this story so much. Also not in the least surprising.
- dearwendyadviceAw, thanks, @emilyinhtown. Been thinking about you - we need a phone date soon!
Log in to like or comment.