elizabeth_gilbert_writerDear Ones: Every year around this time, I post something about my Happiness Jar. This is a practice I have kept up for years: At the end of each day, I take a scrap of paper and I write down the happiest moment of the day…and then I put it in the jar. That's it. It takes 30 seconds. When I'm feeling depressed, I reach my fist into that jar and pull out a handful of happiness from over the years, just to remind myself of the miracle of my own life. And I can always find a happiest moment of the day… Even on horrible days, there is always a moment of grace or kindness or relief or humor or courage or a good cup of coffee or a sympathetic friend...or something that momentarily pierces the gloom. I know that many of you have started this habit over the years, too! Today, on your own Instagram feed, post pictures of your happiness jars, and use this hashtag: #happinessjar. Let's flood the Internet with stubborn gladness today, and set the tone for the rest of the year...
- tori__rainbows@susannandrine yes!! I saw this!
- biadeazevedoOlha que incrível @thaisroquepotomati saudades de vc!!
- natalijaharbinsonI soooo need a #happinessjar in 2017 so I shall start this tradition
- schlossfit@dailydoseofitness your caption today made me want to tag you in this ❤️ love you and obsessed with her ^^^
- dailydoseofitness@schlossfit omg I love you for this cause she's my favorite ❤❤❤
- goldencoastmeadThis is so beautiful
- obrichardsonLove it!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻
- sakura_n_sunshineWhat a beautiful idea! I think I'll try this too 🤗
- melissa_mcewenYes! I have created one bc of you! Thank you
- viengoodyAmazing idea! W0w that #happinessjar 0f y0urs is s0 huge ! 💜 @elizabeth_gilbert_writer
- maria.boreliusGreat idea!
- ale.salvador.cAmazing idea! Love you!
- relentlesswilma_I am going to start doing this!
- emiegailgagneThank you for this idea and for you good and so inspiring work. Much love from Quebec, Canada 💚
Log in to like or comment.