nomanbeforeA stroll along the Douro river, on the Gaia side. These old Rabelo boats used to transport people and goods (including lots of port wine) from the Douro Valley down to Porto.
Now, they're mostly just for show, but there's a big boat race every year on June 24th.
#porto #gaia #douro #douroriver #boats #ships #riverwalk #bridges #wanderlust #whereitravel
- leapandhopNice view :) i have to get to Portugal one of these days 😊
- wanderingwagarsIt's nice that the tradition of the boats is still around, if not the practice.
- carolinemakepeaceIt's so pretty. Are you living there?
- familycoreladventuresSuch a nice vista!
- wanderlust.crewThose boats are incredible.
- nomanbefore@leapandhop there are bridges all up and down the river, so there are great views everywhere!
- nomanbefore@wanderingwagars very true. And I think it's cool they still celebrate the tradition with the boat races
- nomanbefore@carolinemakepeace No, we just visited. We lived in Lisbon over the summer and made a trip up to Porto. Both beautiful cities :)
- firstname.lastname@example.org I love all the beautiful old boats. Its fun to imagine how busy it must've been at times, wth everything coming down from the valley and all the goods shipped out to the ocean.
- nomanbefore@juantonello 😘
- 3kidstravelThose are cool boats! Can you tour them?
- nomanbefore@3kidstravel There are some river boats tours where they go past the bridges or up to some of the vineyards.
- bailemosuntangoSo beautiful💙
- kelag_wanderlustLove Porto!
- nomanbefore@bailemosuntango thank you :)
- nomanbefore@kelag_wanderlust it's such a wonderful city!
Log in to like or comment.