norecipes🎉Happy New Year!🎊 Ozouni is a soup with mochi that's eaten in Japan on New Year's Day. It's made from totally different ingredients depending on what part of Japan you're in. I do a different non-traditional ozouni every year, but this one was a keeper. It's a "French Onion Ozouni"😂. First I rendered the fat out of a duck leg and caramelized the onions, then added some dashi before returning the duck and cooking till tender. It's seasoned with soy sauce and then topped with mochi grilled until crisp with Comté on top. #ozouni #ozoni #happynewyear #japanesenewyear #mochi
- liegraceDuck fat & Comté. You never fail to bring the element of surprise. Lol.
- knipevolHappy New Year Marc!!! 🎊🎉
- vln2326Wow! Happy New Year! Thank you for posting your amazing recipes and looking forward to more in 2017!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
- gidge64I've had Ozouni once a few years ago and while it was a bit different, it was pleasant. I was dating a Japanese man quite a few years ago and he and I spent the Holidays with His family. His mother who made the Ozouni was from Okinawa. Your Ozouni looks good, delicious, and mouth-watering. Happy New Year!!! 😊🎉🍷🍥
- zija_michelleI want to try and make this😉
- melindarjoeHappy New Year @norecipes!
- nipponninLooks great!
- rocklynn2Sounds devine! Happy New Year !
- norecipes@briclaude 😀
- norecipes@liegrace hahaha thanks! I just get bored easily 😂
- norecipes@knipevol happy New Year! 🎆
- norecipes@sulinajamil thanks, you too! 🎍
- norecipes@vln2326 thanks for following along😄
- norecipes@zija_michelle it wasn't too hard and was pretty 😋
- norecipes@melindarjoe Happy New Year Melinda🎊🎉
- norecipes@nipponnin thanks!
- norecipes@rocklynn2 thank you! Happy New Year!
- magisarkOmg that looks good! Happy New Year!!!
- wokstarHappy New Year Marc!
Log in to like or comment.