7obuLast year I had a checklist for 2016, I've been able to cross out most of it, I thought these were my dreams, but really that turned out to be incorrect. Point is, sometimes what you really want and aim for might be not what's best and what you really need. Most important - do what you love and what you believe in, not what sounds good on paper.
2016 hasn't been one of those years I've been completely lucky with my music, I see myself slightly different musically to be honest, I felt I rushed a lot this year wanting to achieve too much, starting off with the album and building the new studio, it all distracted me hugely, I wasn't able to properly make and focus on actual music making this year, but I tried what I could, even though I was tired throughout year. Personally, being an artist, it just keeps becoming harder and you must top yourself with each track, you have to evolve and deliver more quality. Other music I used to enjoy and chill to, nowadays is just for comparing purposes of my own. Imagine of how pointless, unproductive studio sessions, sleepless nights and project names like "finalmix", "finalmix_edit23", "final_mix_edit23_thisisreallyfinal" I'm talking here, this can really make you tired and unhappy with yourself and your music. Again, point here is, do not ever rush, working hard does get results, however do not work when your mind is tired, take small steps, I know lot of us just want results fast, but I've made that mistake countless times, you must learn and it takes years to be any good.
As depressing I might've sounded before, I'm actually very happy and positive about next year, I've started some super-exciting and fun projects I'm already proud of, plus getting to work with vocalists I always wanted to, not to mention my studio should soon be fully done too!
I wish everyone the best in 2017, be sure to take it easy and not force things. When you force something too hard, you get sh** from it, am I right.. 😄
I can't thank enough to all my fans, who supported me no matter what, even though lot of times I'm very unhappy about my work, you still bring huge positivity in me! Happy 2017! 🎉🎉
- imamnugraha07Never give up @7obu
- its_mr.popo_the_great@7obu Keep up the great work we've all come to love!
- insert_mlgHappy New Years bro keep killing it 😊
- madelf1337@7obu Keep making gr8 music man....
- fabesforeverDang Tobu can write long paragraph Happy New Year Man
- 7obu__Happy New Year's, Toms! Looking forward to your future works
- erfan_simBack to you, HAPPY NEW YEAR 7OBU🎉🎉🎉!!! LOOKING FORWARD TO AWESOME MUSIC!!
- zaimirfan_Happy new year @7obu .
- kyronmusicI know I'm nowhere near your level, but I understand how making music never gets easier. Every song you release raises the bar higher and higher, until eventually you feel like you can't make anything better. I just wanted to tell you how much you and your music means to me. You've kept me producing music and you always give me inspiration to continue. You're the reason I started to produce music, and I can't thank you enough for what you've put into my life. Without you, I don't know what I'd be doing with my life. Happy New Year! Never stop making music <3
- epicuber7Cheesy pie @themhcuber
- joost.vdb99Happy new year Tom 🎉
- flying_bamb00I've never seen anyone writing such a long Text on Instagram, but thx so much for these inspiring words they actuqlly help me alot. I'll wait for the new Songs because I know they'll be great. ("sensual Massage" was awesome though)
- lzywalkthat's awesome
- madelf1337Dude....you the best @7obu
- junior_bengo_Good Work ! Congratulations ! Tobu ❤ @7obu
- francisdavies_Just keep on doing you, whether you're dealing with tough shit, just do what makes you feel happy. Good luck in 2017 and I can wait for your next song 😉Can I sense a collaboration with Itro anytime soon?
- bwbrendanKeep going buddy you got a hell off a lot of people who will support you no matter what!
- jane.yuezLove u forever～
- email@example.com i don't see that happening atm, we might however at some point
- francisdavies_No problem w/ that. Just can't wait for your next release
Log in to like or comment.