iamhertribeI am not a huge fan of making New Years resolutions. For me, they always had a shaming undertone, a bit of a negative context, where they landed as very surface level—being either all or nothing, leaving no room for failing.
I am, however, a huge advocate for creating positive shifts in one's life. I am also one for failing, because it's here in this space, I learn most about myself.
So, a few times a year, I create intentions. For me, they are a positive call for shifting, one that is rooted deep down from a loving space and circles back to holding me accountable through my actions. They serve as the guardrails I use in my decision making and they invite me to grow in a space of bigger possibility while still being in tune with my values—the essence of who I really am.
They help to guide me in the direction I want to go, while still supporting me for who I am right now. They give me the daily power of choosing, and when I am living in my intentions, I am essentially manifesting something into existence through use of my own thoughts. ⠀
They say that our lives are built by a series of choices. How do you want to feel, and what do you want to create for yourself in the year to come?
Declare it out loud, enroll those around you, and most of all—believe you are worthy of receiving it.
- staceyuq@atsikleas 💕
- allysenicklesThank you <3
- dipsetdebs@pinknasty @shelly_roark @la_cait
- mandibriggsLove this! Such a powerful way of living.
- stephanie_weber3Your words resonate so deeply with me. Thanks for being such a beaming light of awesomeness in a day & age that needs it the most.
- hersoulnavThis is beautiful
- toriambler@charlottesquires my faveeee! 💕
- earthmumsoulsisLove this
- powerofspeechSo beautifully said!
- courtneyyyea__thanks for this @nqueen_xo
- stephjanus@roseqreynolds just really read this... lurv it. Thx for sharing 😘
- ilenajayaraman@tstrolis thought you would like this 🙃
- knitmygrits@joybautista1 This is a gal I follow on IG and find her words so beautiful and inspirational! 🙏
- joybautista1@knitmygrits thank you :). I'm following now too
Log in to like or comment.