letthebakingbeginGuess what's up on the blog? This show-stopping beauty, that's what! Markiza cake is made of crunchy layers of shortbread, meringue and roasted walnuts, then sandwiched with condensed milk buttercream. Another great cake recipe that I once copied from my moms handwritten recipe collection. Direct link in profile 👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻#letthebakingbeginblog #letthebakingbegin
- nata_parkhYummm!!! My fav cake♡♡♡
- makeupyoubeautifulI am so making this cake at my next family gathering! It's a beauty👌💕
- grabandgorecipesLove this cake... very pretty 😍
- lena.turlakYum!!! Thank you for posting!!
- jocelyn_oliverioThis looks and sounds insanely good!
- nyakobchukI bet this is good @zhanna_vj
- onapelenokYumm! Definitely need to try to make it!
- zhanna_vjLooks like Kiev tort @nyakobchuk
- katiemat91Dudes @a.a.savchenko @esavtikh
- nadialysenkoQuestion, making this cake right now, been in the oven for 25 minutes now but beze is not dry. When i make meringue cookies i dry beze at low temp for 2hrs, reading the recipie i was concerned how a much larger layer of beze will dry in 15-20minutes and sure enough, its not dry. Is it not suppose to be dry and crunchy?thanks!
- a.a.savchenko@katiemat91 all I want in life. Except I don't eat dessert anymore (we'll see how long it lasts) 😭
- katiemat91This looks intense and amazing😍😍 and yes, we're all dieting, I forgot😳😂 @a.a.savchenko @esavtikh
- letthebakingbegin@nadialysenko I'm sorry for not seeing your question earlier and I'm sure at this point it's too late but I will answer anyway. The meringue is dry to the touch after 15-20 minutes only on the top, once you take it out the inside dries as it cools. If this does not happen it means that the meringue was not whipped for long enough. The layer of meringue is pretty thin so 15-20 minutes is more than enough. And yes to answer your question, the meringue is supposed to be dry. Hope it all worked out well for ya!
- _marisha_ysQuestion how any days in advance can I make the layers??
Log in to like or comment.