brooklynsupperI'm partnering with @chobani on this celebratory, yet light and tangy, coeur à la crème topped with poached citrus. Subbing Whole Milk Chobani Greek Yogurt for cream makes for a healthier dessert that's full of flavor. #MadewithChobani #Ad
Coeur à la Crème with Poached Citrus
Makes: 6 servings
For the Coeur à la Crème
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/4 cup Plain Whole Milk @chobani Greek Yogurt
6 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon orange zest plus 1 teaspoon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Poached Orange
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup sugar
1 Cara Cara, Valencia, or Blood Orange (or a mix)
1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese on high with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy, 4 minutes. Switch to a whisk attachment, add Whole Milk @chobani Greek Yogurt, and beat on high 2 minutes more. Add powdered sugar, orange zest and juice, vanilla extract and sea salt. Beat on high 2 more minutes, until mixture is thick with a smooth texture.
2. Line a 7-inch coeur à la crème mold or mesh sieve with a layer of damp cheesecloth. Spoon mixture into mold, fold cheesecloth over the top, set in a deep-sided dish or bowl (mixture will release liquid) and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
3. With a sharp knife, slice top and bottom from orange, then cut off peel and pith with downward strokes. Slice peeled orange into 1/2-inch thick rounds.
4. To poach, combine orange juice and sugar in a medium saucepan and set over medium-high heat. Bring mixture to a boil, then turn down to a lively simmer. Cook 5 minutes or until mixture has thickened into a syrup. Add orange rounds and turn heat to low, swirling liquid over oranges. Remove from heat. Set aside 5 minutes.
5. To unmold coeur à la crème, remove plastic wrap, fold back cheesecloth, center a large plate on top of mold, and flip. Remove cheesecloth. Arrange poached citrus on the top and sides of heart, and drizzle with poaching liquid. Serve immediately.
- bliu07Ooh wow, this looks amazing!!!! Poached orange??!?
- lasmariacocinillasQué rico luce!
- brooklynsupper@lettuceandluggage Thank you!!!
- brooklynsupper@bliu07 It's the BEST!
- thebrokenbreadYa, I'm pretty into this poached orange idea too!! Sounds so good lady! 😘😘
- alittlerosemaryI'm excited that they're doing plain whole milk now!
- brooklynsupper@alittlerosemary Me too! It's awesome for baking and cooking (among other things).
- lisalookingI love that you posted the recipe right here! So often I am tempted by your delicious posts, and I could certainly use the inspiration (!) but so often I don't have the time to search the blog, then I forget, then Motherhood demands, and so on... So hooray! I can get to this! And thank you! ❤️
- notesonteaMy daughter loves strawberry chobani.
- snixykitchenThe poached citrus on top sounds decadently delicious!
- brookebasspdxLove the sweet heart! 💕
- phoebelapineSo cute!!
- moreicingthancakeHow elegant! Sounds divine
- mybelongingRavishing! Can't wait to see more.
- withfoodandloveWHOA. 💖✨
- brooklynsupper@thetinachronicles ?
- brooklynsupper@lisalooking That's good to know! Glad you like the (Insta) recipe. ❤❤❤
Log in to like or comment.