farmfreshtoyouAnyone want to guess what this cool little veggie is? ❄️
- 87lovejJerusalem artichoke?
- amandaemaysCarrot? 🥕
- d_mendrinBelgian endive?
- urbanfarmsteadchicory becoming endive
- a.victoria.averyLooks like a type of carrot 🥕
- ferenc1kWow is it really that cold
- rosemoller2010Chicory, endive!!
- sharona.fitThat's a tough one
- sharonm3386Parsnip ?
- farmfreshtoyouAll fantastic guesses! This is indeed chicory becoming endive—the second phase of this fascinating growing process. Great job @d_mendrin, @urbanfarmstead and @rosemoller2010! 🌟
- farmfreshtoyou@ferenc1k not always! The roots are kept cold to prevent sprouting, and then when needed, they're moved into dark, cool, humid growing rooms. About 28 days later, you've got endives!
- ferenc1k@farmfreshtoyou very cool. Thanks for explaining!
Log in to like or comment.