erinloechnerI know I haven't really told you what #chasingslow is about yet. You knew I was writing a book, and you knew I finished it, and you know it's being printed and published and sent out into the big world in less than two(!!!) weeks. You know the who and the why and the where and the when, but I haven't told you the what because I've been a little scared.
This was a hard book to write. There's a brain tumor and panic attacks, a slew of failures, hypocrisy, tension. There's a breakdown and a tune-up, a cross-country u-haul and a career u-turn. There's spilled rice and public criticism. Broken bowls, broken hearts. Manicures and merry-go-rounds and a big apple offered in the Big Apple. Advice left unfollowed. Buried feelings, a buried father. Marriage. Motherhood. Personhood. A life's work, the work of life. It's all in there, every bit. Joy and shame, love and doubt.
Yes. This was a hard book to write.
And it's here, and I'm ever proud of it, and I'm so humbled by this great, great opportunity to share it with you. Because yes, it is my story, but I have a funny feeling it might also be a little bit yours, too.
Link in profile. Pre-order for a few freebies, if you'd like. I'll be here, thanking you for it all.
- erinloechner@shopplainjane thank you so much!
- shopplainjane@erinloechner I ordered it! This spoke to me so much.
- everything.annaHi @erinloechner I just discovered you from @parkeretc today. By this description your book sounds devine! I too am often afraid to share painful truths, but here I realize it's what we all want. Heartache and truth and everything in between. You were an AhHa moment for me today! All the best to you!!
- email@example.com biggest hugs!!!
- tipatkinsI've seen a few pics of it on Instagram - off to find it! Loved the first chapter. Hope it delivers outside of the US. Congratulations on completing it!
- sabrinasmelkoLove this capture! Can't wait to read your book. I'd love if you considered tagging with #PixelsPlacesThings, a feed for sharing design/writing/art projects, glimpses into works in progress, candid studio shots, or even the scrappy office pup. 😊
- martaspendowskaCan noooooooot wait! ♥️
- radjoySounds amazing! can't wait to read it!
- l0vewheelJust started reading this book, and cannot put it down! I love the encouragement you've given me already.
- erinloechner@l0vewheel oh goodness thank you!!!!!
- theblessedlittlelife@littlehomeinthegreatbigwoods this looks good ❤
- mylifestylesiteGot it on audible. Can't wait to start listening
- sincerelymamamacI just finished. It's beautiful and smart. Authentic and raw. Heartwarming and life giving. It's balm for my weary soul and fuel for the parts that still haven't woken up. I'm grateful.
- erinloechner@sincerelymamamac oh goodness thank you. ❤️
- kpeacock8This book was perfect. I believe you write what it's in my head. Thank you for being raw and letting us read this story.
- erinloechner@kpeacock8 thank you so much. ❤️❤️❤️
- tlink2321@erinloechner one of the most fabulous books I've ever read! I enjoyed every minute! Thank you for sharing your beautiful story!
- erinloechner@tlink2321 omg thank you!
- l2roses✨Can't put it down! I bet this will be the first book I actually finish in many years so that's really saying something ✨
- erinloechner@l2roses omg thank you. :)
Log in to like or comment.