amandamariefittClearing up some confusion on my last post. 😎 The middle picture was my 'normal' for many years. Floating in the mid 130s. Depending on the season (spring/summer) I would do a small cut and drop down to the low 130s. (The blue bikini pic previously posted was me at 135 lbs but higher body fat and less muscle. i.e.; skinny fat.) I started my prep in February 2016 at 138 lbs. Normal. Health. Happy. (I don't think a bikini competition should ever be used as a weight loss goal but that's a post for a different day.) I lost about 10 lbs during my prep which left me at 128 lbs in July. Post prep, I slowly reverse dieted back to my 'baseline.' MY normal. After floating there for a month, I got tired of slow progress. I bumped my calories up significantly and my lifts (and muscle mass) went through the roof. To be 100% clear, I did not gain 20 lbs of muscle in 6 months. I gained back the 10 lbs of fat I lost during my prep (which was healthy and needed) and then I opted for 10 lbs more of mixed muscle and fat. I put on body fat.. that is quite apparent. I carry much of my fat in my thighs and booty but I also have boobs again! It's a give and take. 😘 Is being super lean kinda cool? Absolutely! The problem with super lean (and lower calorie) is your body simply doesn't have enough to grow and flourish rapidly. After years of painfully slow muscle growth, I opted to push myself out of my comfort zone. I have a muffin top, my booty just barely fits into my jeans (pop that button baby), and I actually have boobs again. All indicators of higher body fat. I'm still in a healthy BMI range so my body fat gain is not unhealthy. It was necessary to really spark some muscle growth. I will be doing a mini cut (very minimal calorie cut from 2,800 to 2,580) to shed some of the extra fat in time for some beachy vacations I have coming up. Nothing crazy, just a little more lean so my new muscles can pop! •
This is not a fat loss post. It's okay to have goals that aren't related to fat loss. Many women want to look fit which means more muscle under the skin. If you are already relatively fit and eat 'alright'... then it's probably time to look at a growth phase. 💪🏽
- jaynelharrisI just love you. Also in the 20 pounds since summer club. And it's definitely a mental challenge.
- firstname.lastname@example.org amazing thoughts here....
- email@example.com she eats 2500+ call per day
- floridagurl05128 looks better
- amandamariefitt@floridagurl05 Apparently you didn't read my post. My goal is to increase my muscle mass because that is what is important to me. In order to do that, I had to eat more.. which came with a little fat gain as well. I'm not interested in your opinion on which looks better. There is a time and place for lean. Now is not the time for me. ✌🏽
- girljustynLiterally exactly where I am at right now. Reading this was verbatim a conversation I was having yesterday. I miss lean but I also need some serious gains before next season so I'll take on the boobies and thick thighs for a little while!! 💪🏼👍🏼
- r8chl_dayThat's me all day long!! 💪💪
- aswiftrnThanks for being so transparent! Eating right and l
- aswiftrnAnd training has been a long journey for me. Still figuring it all out. I've put on weight too but have also seen my ability to lift heavier become more of a reality. I'm stronger for sure.
- cynical817Yasssssss 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼😍 You are my inspiration during my bulk! Some days I'm a little uncomfortable with how long it takes me to wiggle into my jeans, but I am so excited about the muscle I've put on (and yay for boobies!) Cheers to lifting heavy, eating 2500+ calories a day and most importantly.....happiness! 🏋🏻♀️🍕😄🍾
- alicialynnfit@amandamariefitt thank you for this post! So encouraging!
- amandamariefitt@alicialynnfit 😘😘I just want women to know that it's OKAY to not have a weight loss or fat loss goal! We CAN have other goals... like stronger, faster, bigger. 💪🏽💜✌🏽
- amandamariefitt@jsenecal17 the boobs are probably the best part.. 🤔😂 I agree with happiness. More food and more strength (I.e.; feeling like a beast) make me 🙃😁
- amandamariefitt@aswiftrn nothing wrong with 'being more.' 🙌🏽I'm tired of women thinking that the only option is to be less.
- aswiftrnNo there is not @amandamariefitt. This is the problem with our society today. Skinny has been so engrained in our brains as women (for God knows why). I'm going for healthy and strong. 💪💪💪💪
- __anna.b9__I found your pic and I read all you wrote, I need to tell you that I loved! I am in the same situation and it is too dificult all this process. I never saw someone that could be in the same place than me, let me congrat to you! And thank you for you post. I am so pleased n.n @aswiftrn
- nazi_bazi@amandamariefitt can I ask you what you do for your cut phase? Do u cut calories? Carbs? Thank u.
- amandamariefitt@nazi_bazi calories and carbs are one in the same. 😉I did a very long reverse diet so I was maintaining around 2,600. After that, I added in an additional 2,800 (muscle growth.) I was doing very little cardio. (Lifting only.) That means my cut is a simple overall calorie cut of a few hundred (still relatively high) calories (taken from carbs and fats -- both of those are very high right now) or a simple addition of a few short (8-10) minutes of cardio per week.
- nazi_bazi@amandamariefitt thanks for your help❤️
- fitwithvonGreat share!!
Log in to like or comment.