amandamariefittI'm currently sitting at the highest weight I've ever been in my entire life. At 5'5, I'm closing in on 150 lbs. I'm transparent about my 'numbers' for very important reasons. 'Weight' is not relevant without context. For whatever reason, women seem fixated on a 'goal weight.' Many women think 120-130 lbs is the 'ideal weight' without taking height or body composition into consideration. I spent many years between 120-130 lbs but I wasn't necessarily healthy. My fat mass v. muscle mass ratio was't ideal. 'Skinny fat' can be just as unhealthy as obesity. I also didn't have the body style I was looking for, which was a stronger, fitter, tighter, more muscular look. I've spent the last 6 months eating in a calorie surplus, which was about 2,800 calories daily. Eating enough to fuel my every day activities plus extra. Your body prioritizes things like heart rate, respiration, and digestion. It doesn't prioritize muscle growth. In order to grow muscles, you have to give your body extra fuel. I also had to let go of any preconceived notions I had about a number on a scale. The scale slowly edged up... but I could tell I was adding the muscle I desperately wanted. Had I let the ever increasing scale dictate my plans, thoughts, or actions, I wouldn't have been able to meet my goals. I am comfortably floating between 146-148 now on any given day. That's nearly 20 lbs more than what I weighed in July. 20 lbs of weight gain. I feel better, I look better, and I'm meeting my strength and size goals. Don't let one silly number dictate your thoughts or actions. There are so many other ways to manage your progress. ✌🏽#realtalk #healthylife #weightisjustanumber
- amandamariefitt#health #balance #girlswholift #girlswithmuscle #diet #nutrition #liftheavy #shelifts #trainhard #progress #physique #upliftandliftheavy #doughnutsanddeadlifts #strong #strengthqueens #bodybuilding #powerbuilder #wonderwomanmentality #athlete #reversediet #IIFYM #IIFYMgirls #justtrackit #flexibledieting #fitchick #fitness #beastbabe
- biceps.after.babiesWell stated! Are you getting the itch to cut yet?
- lifeofsarahmillerThis is great
- michelleyannehThanks Amanda that really helps 😊👍
- fabuulyssfitnessI LOVE YOU 😭💜👏🏻
- abv_fitlifeYou look amazing and you are so right! Who cares what the number is. Sounds like you are healthy, happy, and strong and that's all that matters
- timbuk2nordicCool 😎
- anitasfitlife20lbs in 6 months is crazy! That's so impressive that you have tacked on that much muscle considering it doesn't look like there has been much fat gain. I started bulking recently and I'm not sure my surplus is at the right point yet. Do you mind me asking what your TDEE is? I spent so long in deficits that it was such a huge change in my way of thinking when I went to maintenance and bulking. So happy that I took that leap though, my body is happier with me!
- amandamariefitt@anitastauffer I have not gained 20 lbs of muscle. I have certainly gained body fat as well which is expected and normal. I'm not sure how much muscle I have gained but I will be scheduling a DEXA soon to find out. A 'normal' amount of muscle to put on (without any drugs/steroids) with the proper calorie goals and training program is about .5 lbs per month. This obviously changes person to person based on genetics and other factors. Since my weight has completely leveled out I'm assuming my TDEE is now closer to that 2,600-2,800 range... which is fabulous.
- fitchickfree_wbffpro❤🙌🏼 you are amazing!
- abby5179🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼. Thank you for being so open!!!
- amandamariefitt@fitchickfree_wbffpro amazing... or just impatient? LOL the whole 'slow, lean bulk' thing wasn't doing it for me. BRING ME THE GAINS. FASTER! 😂😭
- amandamariefitt@abby5179 You're welcome! Normal person. Normal bod. Not lean 365/24/7 ✌🏽😘
- jen_everydayI'm all over this. "Weight is not relevant without context." My numbers are not your numbers and I won't dare compare. I'm around 175lbs (I think, I don't own a scale) but I'm same as you - I've been bulking, and I'm on the verge of leaning out. I've been terrified this whole process and have only mentioned it to few people that i know will get it. I'm still terrified 😬
- dianagoodmanYou have completely changed my ideas of fitness and dieting. The idea that I don't have to perpetually eat 1400 calories for the rest of my life never occurred to me. Currently doing my first ever reverse which terrified me and I'm shocked at how much I've been able to add back in and still not gain weight! I've got big goals for 2017 that will include my first ever bulk. You're such an inspiration!
- amandamariefitt@dianagoodman that's amazing! So happy for you. 🙃👏🏽💜
Log in to like or comment.