evakosmasfloresBeen hard at work sorting and editing photos for my next cookbook with @abramsbooks and came across this picture from the snowy weekend @jeremyflores and I spent at mount hood. I am very picky when it comes to photos of myself and don’t think I am a very photogenic person (but I think most people tend to feel this way—being on the other side of a camera is *incredibly* uncomfortable) so it was nice to see one that I actually really liked! This is my favorite coat, I call it my ‘lady Jon Snow’ coat because it goes to my ankles and is SUPER warm and comfortable and looks like I could climb the wall in it. Choosing which photos to submit for the book is such a strange process; I’ve shot thousands and thousands of images for it and have to narrow it down to a few hundred, so picking out which to include and which to cast aside is very tricky. I have to take into account negative space in the photo in case text is printed on it, also where the focal plane lies, and how the image looks next to the recipe that will be on either side of it (i.e. I can’t frame them too similarly otherwise it might look strange when you’re flipping through the book and two recipes in a row are framed really similarly, and when you have a hundred different recipe shots this becomes a tad difficult.) I feel like my eyes have melted from staring at my computer screen so intensely the past few days. But soon they’ll all be sorted and edited and I can focus on finishing up the writing part! It’s due January 15th, so I’ll be plowing away at it until then. Wish me luck, friends!! 🙏🏼 #myadventuresincooking
- alphonse53Awesome..best wishes to you...
- familyspiceBest of luck to you! I'm starting my cookbook in January. And I know I will be in your shoes soon, wondering how to narrow down the thousands of pics I'm planning on taking down to 100. I'm sure your book will be gorgeous!
- food_swingsYour hair is so incredibly pretty!! Can't wait to see your newest cookbook, sure it's amazing 😍
- unrefinedrdYay! Good luck on your next cookbook @evakosmasflores! And this self-portrait of you is gorgeous and perfect 😊
- elizabethkarpevansGood luck Eva. You look beautiful as always 🙂Happy New Year to you and Jeremy!! 🎉🍾🙋🏽✨
- saltandsuchVery lovely!
- crustpiesptI bet it is a lot of hard work. But just think what it will feel like to walk into a book store and see your hard work on a shelf, or, better yet, in a strangers hands. It will be so worth it!
- aliandheralmondbutterAw that's so great you're doing a cookbook!! Congrats and good luck!! Love this photo by the way
- _foodstories_Oh yes, know this feeling so well🙈😅 such a beautiful photo👌🏻😘
- evakosmasflores@elizabethkarpevans Thanks Liz!!! Happy new year to you too!! Hoping to make it to NY sometime this spring, so hopefully I'll see you kinda soon! 💕
- evakosmasflores@_foodstories_ Haha, thanks guys!!
- evakosmasflores@crustpiespt That is very true! Thank you ❤
- thebearwiththepowerBest of luck to you!
- joyswillyI love your each work...
- cakeinacrateSwoon ☺
- cinnamonandthyme_anaI feel you (about being photographed). Good luck, Eva! You look beautiful 💛. And your hair...🙌🏻
- myhouseno44❤Just beautiful ❤
- immersionconnectionLove the simplicity of this! 💕
Log in to like or comment.