soulscriptsWeddings are these crazy beautiful, iconic things that seem to blast every corner the internet (I mean, I'm exhibit A...I've totally overshared my wedding on social media, too). The engaged girls swoon. The single girls envy. The long time married girls may roll their eyes.
It's seriously no secret that the pressure to have a perfect wedding...and a perfect life... is at an all time high. Thanks, Pinterest.
And none of us are immune to the pressure of perfection.
Ironically, I was recently asked what I would do differently if I could go back and do my wedding over again.
I mean, I'm going to be really stinking honest and say I put a ton of pressure on myself to pull off a flawless wedding. Like a ton... but that's not what I would have changed.
My answer has surprised everyone but it was the most gut wrenchingly honest and real answer I could give.
You don't have to be a bride or even in a relationship to read this - I think it speaks into every corner of our reality regardless of our relationship status. You can read the answer on @darling by clicking the link in my profile. #soulscripts 📷:@nathanpenglish
- agenna@hollicouch why does this apply to everything we just talked about???
- jenhim@tudennn and her!
- livingrevelationsLove this ❤️
- refine_and_restoreThis was a great post girl
- delaneysteidsent you a dm!!
- efflorescence.blogWow, @simplyjordanlee ! Writing for darling is such an incredible opportunity! Something I've put on my bucket list (; And it's excellent food for thought as I've always dreamed of the perfect wedding even though I'm still not yet at that stage of life. I always want everything to look perfect and I often find myself obsessing over obscure details. But the Lord is merciful and is teaching me new lessons every day. I always appreciate your perspective on things, Jordan. Your love for Jesus is contagious!
- beating50I love this. And how do we not know each other?! 🙌🏻🙏🏻❤🖐🏻
- girls4jesusChristian account here!! 😊😊 Follow for daily devos and encouragement!! 💕💕
- terrajaneeIf possible, should we purchase tickets for the moniker warehouse next Thursday beforehand? @simplyjordanlee @soulscripts
- jordanleedooley@terrajanee yes! Click the event on my events page (on website) and it'll take you to where you can purchase tickets!
- soulscripts@beating50 @audreyroloff thanks y'all! Was thinking the same thing! ❤️
- terrajanee@simplyjordanlee got it thanks so much! Can't wait to hear you! 😍
- icarlylogeman@anna_holbrook AUSTIN ROBERT SHAW?!?!?
- gnat_attackI feel so silly but I cannot find where to read the answer. 🙈 I clicked your link and then help please!
- betweenyouandmesignsI never found the link to your answer, but somehow I stumbled onto a blog that shared your recommended books before marriage. Fabulous list! Andy and I have been married 20 years, and we've counseled many younger couples through the years----we've read all but one of the books you suggested, and we always pass that list along to the couples we counsel. You're wise beyond your years, Jordan. 💗
Log in to like or comment.