doorsixteenI had to make my own General Tso's tofu this year because apparently Jewish Christmas isn't really a thing in Albuquerque and all the Chinese restaurants are closed. 😩 I'd still rather pay someone else to make it for me, but you know what? It's pretty solid! I'm glad I made the effort. Also, the amount of oil I used to fry it makes it suitable for Hanukkah! Win-win. ✡️🎄
📝 Recipe from @minimalistbaker
#jewishchristmas #generaltsostofu #minimalistbaker
- jennyeverydayWe've made this and it's 👌🏻 @minimalistbaker is our fave. 💕
- doorsixteen@jennyeveryday I think next time I need to double the sauce? I wish there were enough for the broccoli and rice.
- jennyeveryday@doorsixteen we double it as well!
- doorsixteen@jennyeveryday I'm glad it's not just me that feels like it's not enough! I do love sauce 😬
- at.the.weekendLooks divine @doorsixteen x x my sort of meal!
- ashfriedlanderLooks so good! We went out for Afghan food and it was delish!
- valleymercantileAugh.. we went out looking for Chinese food this afternoon too (in northern NorCal) & EVERYTHING was closed😢 The movie theater looked packed though!
- doorsixteen@valleymercantile Yeah, movie theaters here were definitely open, but I couldn't bring myself to take an Uber for the movie and then come home and cook.
- figfarmLooks delicious. As I've had to learn over the last few years, moving pushes you out of your comfort zone, which is almost always a good thing in the long run. Maybe next year if you aren't in NY you can invite other NY transplants over and all make Chinese food together. At least ABQ has good Asian markets so you can get the ingredients!
- finkst3rYeah, Abq is pretty christian-centric. But the luminarias though!
- stinevincentThis looks awesome! I hope you at least watched the claymation Christmastime for the Jews song from SNL at least!
- christyfriskenLooks delicious!!
- alefbetjewelryLooks good
- nosheriumLooks great! I've given up Jewish Christmas because my in-laws do actual Christmas. I still get hungry for Chinese food, though!
Log in to like or comment.