thoughtcatalogYou’re staying up until 2 AM for the wrong reasons. Because you’re wasted. Because you’re heartbroken. Because you’re bored and lonely and scrolling through social media until you’re forced to surrender to sleep.
You shouldn’t be half-covered in blankets with your head propped up on a pillow, daydreaming about how things used to be back when you were in a relationship. Or plugging your phone into the closest outlet, just in case that text you’ve been waiting for comes through.
Find a better reason to stay up until 2 AM.
Stay up, because you had a great idea for a story or a song or a poem, and you don’t want the idea to slip away as you sleep. Stay up, because you’re on a creative streak and don’t want to ruin your flow. Stay up, because your passion burns brightest at night.
And if your career isn’t the reason why you’re awake when the sun is resting, let love be the reason.
Stay up — not because you’re in the middle of a brutal fight filled with ugly words. Not because you’re tossing and turning, wishing that the argument never happened. Not because you’re crying your eyes out over the kinks in your imperfect relationship.
Stay up, because you have a million things to say without enough hours to say them. Stay up, because you want to set a new record for the amount of times you make love. Stay up, because you don’t want sleep to rob you of a second of time with them.
Stay up, because you found something that makes the yawns and baggy eyes feel worthwhile.
Don’t choose existing over living. Don’t scroll through Twitter, then Facebook, then Tumblr, then back to Twitter again out of boredom. And don’t relive painful memories of your ex, because you have nothing else to think about when the silence envelopes your bedroom.
If you’re going to stay awake until 2 AM, find a good enough reason. Find your passion.
Because, once you find something that’s actually worth staying up until 2 AM for, you’ll find something worth living for. You’ll find your reason to be.
- justcausepix@melanieberliet how long have you been out of school.
- katelyn_bongiorno@thoughtcatalog you always know the right thing to say at the right time. Love, love, love reading these.
- natpresleyUgh amazing 💖
- theshybooksWell. I guess I am going to work in my poetry collection now. No need to keep being bored & thinking about the past. Thank you!
- dbud98@sydneybates01 this is cool I dig it
- rismafjryhThis is amazing💞 I fcking in love with this account. Thanks @thoughtcatalog
- email@example.com_ you're worth staying up til 2 AM
- rafia_imranI have read this ashu and it did affect me on some level :') 💜 @aisha_irfan22
- ig_travel93What a shot, Amazing!!!
- agoseche_@_sofiabarrios LLORE TE AMO MUCHISIMO
- naini_shahHoly!! This piece of work, amazing! How beautiful are the words written and spot on! Gave me chills❤ Superrrb
- takue_tanita@__norah.__ read this
- krrisha_chauhan@shreya_iyerr ❤this seriously gave me chills 😍
- athjads@abolibhingarkar 💜💜💜 thank you so much!😇 You made my week.
- nnnnerija@grtrcp <3
Log in to like or comment.