we_are_scout_lisa#createorcredit #rant It's always so lovely when people like the things you do and make so much that they want to share them. That's what creating my craft tutorials is all about: sharing and inspiration. But it's really disappointing when things are shared without credit - especially when it's by a respected and widely read magazine (that I love) whose journalists should know better. This photo of mine and a few paragraphs of text about DIY leaf printing were posted on @frankiemagazine blog without any credit at all. There is a link on the words "this way" to point readers to my post on We Are Scout. I thought that bloggers in general had moved past this sort of disrespectful 'sharing' so it's really uncool to see this mag setting a bad example. On their facebook page the photo is posted (with so many shares, likes and comments) with the DIY leaf printing link to the Frankie blog post. Coming from a mag that prides itself on championing makers and creatives it's really disheartening and disappointing to see them taking credit for something by omission. #poorform I'd love to hear your thoughts.
- we_are_scout_lisa@nedlolasmum 👊🏻
- zaras_leukaemia_fight@we_are_scout_lisa my attempt was no where near as beautiful as your creation...but for my daughters bday party it will be great 😂 ...I will definitely tag 😘😘😘
- we_are_scout_lisa@yesanndesign I'm happy to hear you persevered! Thanks
- hipaholicHear hear! 👊
- cg_lifestyledYou know my feeling on this atrocious behaviour! 😬😬😬😬
- theghostpepper88If it's a mistake @frankiemagazine you should be coming over here to apologise and make good pretty swiftly I would think....
- allabenHear hear.
- we_are_scout_lisa@theghostpepper88 thanks for your support x
- we_are_scout_lisa@cg_lifestyled I do - you're a champion. X
- barbfisherThis makes my blood boil Lisa! 100% not cool @frankiemagazine 👎🏼 It's not hard to credit the creators, and stuff like this is at best lazy and rude ...and at its worst, stealing. So sorry you have to deal with this @we_are_scout_lisa ✖️
- barbfisherPS. Have added a comment to their FB page 👊🏼
- pumora_anne@we_are_scout_lisa have you contacted them directly, too. It really is bad form and the author of the article should be made responsible especially when this happens multiple times. But only shouting out in public and not searching contact directly would also not be the best form ( i do not know if you did contact them or not. Please dont feel offended by this)
- toronto_gardensJust shared that leaf print post on Twitter before I realized this uncredited situation. Now have tweeted a credit to your site. Are you on Twitter, Lisa? Couldn't find you there. Love your designs, very inspirational.
- toronto_gardens@yesanndesign Yes, that's what I thought too, that you were connected w Frankie mag.
- we_are_scout_lisa@barbfisher thanks, yep it's poor editorial policy and unprofessional
- we_are_scout_lisa@pumora_anne yes absolutely- I've emailed them and commented on the Facebook post. I wouldn't share it here without contacting them personally as well. I also think that social media is a good place to highlight the need for everyone - mainstream media to hobby bloggers - to use best practice when sharing content. Mainstream media usually do have impeccable editorial practices
- we_are_scout_lisa@toronto_gardens thanks so much! I'm not on twitter... I've just never got my head around it and feel like I'd be spreading myself too thin if I tried to keep up with everything everywhere 😜
- kjmmakesI found your page by following the link! 💛 however I was surprised to reach the frankie page and then have to click through again to see the page. It did appear to be "their content" just looking at Facebook 😞 sorry this happened to you xx
Log in to like or comment.