thefirstgradeparadeAfter watching the Minimalism documentary on Netflix (so convicting & amazing!!!), I decided to start purging and stop spending. The purging has been easy...and so fulfilling...but the spending has been a little tougher because #iwantallthethings. For instance, this doormat👋🏻. We left with a picture of it instead of bringing it home for our front porch. It might find its way to our house one day, but for now my self-imposed "NO spending spree" has been a perfect choice for going into 2017👌🏼. ////
#makingroomforwhatmatters #butimstillthinkingaboutthatdoormat #workinprogress
- llmom0103Just keep posting pictures of things you love and maybe you get some cool gifts from the people who love you! 😉 @thefirstgradeparade
- jennarpqWe are house hunting so I feel like I shouldn't be spending any money, and I also feel like I don't want to buy anything I'm going to have to pack and move. The problem will be keeping it up once we move into the new house!
- meagan.self@Carrie_miller we aren't the only ones that like to purge our stuff! I may have to watch that documentary.
- carrie_miller@Meagan.self I watched it last weekend!!
- ericabohrerOh, I probably should watch that documentary. I have a problem with online shopping!
- rachelleblakePurging all those mugs?!?!? 😜😜😜
- catch_a_bubbleMy sister just told me about this movie!!!
- mrsagentI'm in the same boat. If you need a new book to read, you should read present over perfect. It's seriously so good. Talks about simplifying.
- teachingincardigansinfourth@ @thefirstgradeparade I need to watch that documentary! And I too would pay for some Rae Dunn!
- lesleepesakWe are working on the same thing! So easy to let it all go!!! 🙌🏻 saw that rug at bucees the other day and wanted to bring it home! 😂😂😂😂
- sbrownson56I'm doing the Uber Frugal Month challenge!! It's so hard but has been fulfilling so far.
- speechythingsThat's okay- more for me! 😋 Where is that cute rug!?
- ashsborzMy friend would LOVE that rug! Where is it?
- poppins.marypoppinsGreat idea!! 🎥 I'm right thee with you on the spending. 😩
- ashleigheducationjourneyAs soon as I started trying to not spend, I wanted way more than usual 😝.
- kaysemorrisI purged my entire house over the break. It has lessened my stress and made me feel so good inside!!
- lightscamerateachOhhh.. I need to watch this!
- talesofafirstgradeteacherI read a book (the life changing magic of tidying up) about decluttering last summer, and vowed to do it this summer...i got through my closet...hoping to do more but its hard work!
- lbm6209I purge-cleaned my kitchen over Christmas break. It felt amazing...addictive almost. The more I purged, the lighter and free(er) I felt. I'm not much of a spender anyways, so I've vowed not to shop and undo all the good that was done.
- mskclaytonsclassroomNice! I've been adopting a minimalist lifestyle about three years ago when I stumbled upon Josh and Ryan's webpage! My goal is to try and live with even more less things this year 😊@thefirstgradeparade
Log in to like or comment.